Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
crazyice

Local Fun

5 posts in this topic

Went out last night just for something to do kinda. I was hoping to get into some bullies for some bait, but couldn't find them. Started just below the water retention device in town under the broadway bridge. I did manage to hook into a big snapping turtle that wasn't to happy about the new jewlery! End result, cut line. I wasn't about to tangle with that one after my recent luck with taking things off the line. But couldn't keep the small gill off of the line so I moved farther downstream to that small confluence. Again no bullies and lots of gills and one smallmouth that is hardly worth mentioning. I decided to cast farther downstream and not too long after that my rod almost took off like a fighter jet from the rod holder! Had that been in a y stick it for sure would have been in the drink! After numerous runs downstream and about a five minute fight I was able to land about an 8lb channel cat! The pic is kinda fuzzy but I had to take it and hold the fish at the same time! Just goes to show, you never know what is in your own backyard and what kind of fun could await you! This one fish made the whole night worth the time out there even though I didn't get what I was looking for.

SD530307.jpg

Wow, nice fish! laugh.gif Not many people fish at silver lake but there are some nice smallies, largemouths, sunnies, crappies, northern, channel cats, carp, bullhead,and lots of different suckers. Do you have to park at the normal lot a ways up the lake and walk down, or is there a closer lot?

Nice one crazy. Looks like a cow of a cat. Those accidental fish are the cat's meow!

PS. The Jewelry piece made me laugh.

Quote:

Do you have to park at the normal lot a ways up the lake and walk down, or is there a closer lot?

I always park at the gas station or the apartments or wendys when i fish down there. No one has ever given me any grief. nice fish. Zumbro river is a sleeper i know from experience and i have heard some fish stories.

ike