Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Milkdud

Couldn't buy a fish!

3 posts in this topic

I fished all day Friday and didn't get a bite! I think this is the first time ever to get skunked on LOW. I guess that is why they call it fishing! I downrigged out of Long Point and Rocky Point for six hours at depths from 30-36 feet with SR-5 shad raps...no takers? Then I drifted over 12 mile reef with a spinner and crawler for two hours...nothing! It wasn't in the cards for me and my 14 year old daughter that I dragged out of bed at 6:00am wasn't impressed either! Where are the hot spot areas for downrigging right now?

Hi, There were 6 of us out of Adrians from the 19th to the 23rd. Fished out by the Charter boats dragging leeches crawlers and minnows with few bites. I didn't see any quality fish at all. The fish that were caught were 13" to 16" at best. We did catch 4 Sturgeon in the river largest was 50 1/2" next was a 371/2 caught on a walleye rod, that was alot of fun. But basically they Walleye had heat stroke and lock jaw. Good Fishin'

You should try some of the smaller reefs such as Pedros, the humps north of 12, Lemms, ect. I tried Arnesens reef the other day and it was a whole lot of boats and a whole lot of baby fish. Downrigging try starting halfway between Arnesens and 12 and fish your way north a few miles or vice versa. Way way out infront of LP would be worth a try, east of 16 is always good. I hear its hot at Stoney or was. Try setting your ball high like 20 feet down or so. Goodluck