• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

UPDATE: Muskies for Bowhunting......

I finally got to meet french lake kid last night, we went to his dads house to pick him up and meet his dad. We then went to Cabelas to see what we could do about getting his bow set up, ("we" happens to be my 2 daughters and myself, they said he was cute.......) his bow was to long hor him. Nothing we could do about that, so we found him a new bow. Cabelas was really busy so it took a while for them to set it up and get us out the door, but they were nice, and very helpful. The Parker bow he got was perfect draw length and can grow with him. I havent had a Parker but i have heard some pretty good things about them from some friends. I think the kid was pretty happy, but hes really laid back and quiet so, im just hoping he was. It was getting pretty late by the time we were done at cabelas so i took him home. Im just waiting to hear how it shoots and if he got the sights dialed in. I also learned a few other things about the kid, like hes doing drivers training. I think hes a pretty good kid, so i didnt mind getting him a new bow, besides i think i might have a fishing buddy for life. The bow was about the same price as 2 trips with a guide, but i think we will get to fish more than 2 times so it seems like a good deal to me.Well, more updates to come later, hopefully with a musky involved!!! later Todd

WALLEYE HUNTER YOU COULDN'T OF FOUND A BETTER FRIEND TO SHARE THE BOAT OR FIELD WITH HE IS A GREAT KID AND KNOWS THE BUSSINESS END OF A FISHING ROD AND HAS A GREAT SENSE OF HUMORI THOUGHT I HAD DRIVE FOR THE OUTDOORS,DON'T GET ME WRONG I DO... BUT THE FRENCH LAKE KID IS LIKE THE ENERGIZER BUNNY HE KEEPS GOING ...AND GOING ,WELL YOU KNOW THE REST I'M SURE YOU WON'T BE DISAPOINTED!

I'm starting to see that, I sure hope I can keep up. Luckycrank, hopefully we can all get together for some casting, I look at it this way, at his age there is alot of fire in his belly so if antbody in the future tries to take away my rights to hunt and fish I have a champion with endless energy to fight for all of our rights to do so. Do you bowhunt luckycrank? well anyway if you get a chance see if you can get him out to the 3-D course outside of town, I told him how to get there but im sure you already know. have a good 1 and I'll see you all later........ Todd

NO I DON'T BOW HUNT USED TO BUT HAD TO GIVE UP A COUPLE HOBBIES, "TO MANY TO LITTLE TIME" SO TO SPEAK BESIDES I WAS NEVER ANY GOOD ANYWAY DUE TO THE FACT I AM LEFT HANDED AND RIGHT EYE DOMINATE

You know luckycrank,we can fix that right eye dominant thing, i have seen it done before and the guy was an awesome shooter afterwards. but anyway tell the kid to post here or give me a call, i want to know how the bow shoots. lol im like a kid living through him!!! grin.gif as a matter of fact i think i was more exited about it than he was!!! see ya later...... Todd

Thanx guys for the kind words. smile.gif I only shot the bow a few times and it was way faster than any bow I've evere shot B4. Hopefully I'll start getting it ready for fall. I'm headed out to the lake 2moro a.m. and will have the muskie report. If I hook into 1 on accedent. Might have to wait for 1 of those "guided trips" til we get through these forcasted 100+ degree temps. smirk.gif Cant even amagine (spelling confused.gif) what the water temp is going to be in a week or so... frown.gif not good I can tell you that already. blush.gif

Good luck Kid. Hope you tag a big one. As far as the bow, keep shooting and it should pay dividends this fall.

Kid, let me know when you want to go shoot some 3-Ds, i also want to make sure the bow is quiet. A fast arrow is great but not worth beans if the deer hears it comng bcause the bow rattles, some limb savers might be good too.I'll give you a call later about maybe going out fishing 1 mourning this week. later...... Todd

Tuesday p.m. fishing a weedline in 5' or so for bass. As it got closer to dark, the skies started rolling, threw out a single colorado, chartruse, Booyah spinner-bait, it was about 10' from the boat and my line went slack, so I reared back and got nothing back but my line mad.giffrown.gif Today a.m. same as night B4. Muskies everywhere. shocked.gif Fishing the edge of a flat with with chatter, a muskie rolled with-in 25 yards and I threw my chatterbait AFAP and once again 10' from the boat my line goes slack, set the hook, this time I hooked it smile.gif but only for a second mad.giffrown.gif Oh well... From Tuesday mid-day to just a few mins ago we boated around 40 bass, and 1 sheepie (on a swim-jig grin.gif)

Hey Kid, I probably wont be able to go fishing this week, I have alot of things going on, but next week is looking better. Besides it might be a little cooler. I am glad to hear the muskys are still snappy. and am glad to hear you did so well with the bass. if you need anything for the bow or want to shoot 3-Ds let me know... Later Todd