Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DARK30

Night Of The Leaper...

7 posts in this topic

Larry The Satellite Guy (LFC)...able to step off the river bank in a single bound...well maybe two or three bounds ....and still come up with a fish.

Nice Leap Larry! Wish I had the camera rolling!grin.gif

You do any more leaping after I left? I'll be laughing all day at work.

leaping.....and then some.

Too bad you had to leave.

The fish started hitting after 12:00. As it happens so often, we were seriously discussing leaving when Larry's "alarm" starts going off, he runs down.....waits......clicker screaming by this time......waits.........uhhhhh......fish on!

BIG FISH!

The fish darn near didn't give him a choice about leaping when it almost pulled him over. He (carefully) found a way down the bank and we are both pumped cause we know it's a big fish.

Fish turns, goes downstream and all the sudden....poof. I heard every 4 letter word and even the 5 and 6 letter words with "broke off" mixed in somewhere.

Right after that, he tossed out some cutbait while he was rerigging his break off, and that one just about flies out of the rod holder (no clicker). This time he made it safe down to the river, but took another leap while reaching for the fish grin.gif A beauty 13lb channel

And then, he tossed his rerigged pole back out and it went off again, this time everything worked perfect and we landed a nice 18lb flat.

Fun night it sure was cool.gif

oh I totally fogot, we decided to leave again, and Larry said watch, we'll get a bite again, sure enough he did......I let him tell you what he caught grin.gif

I gotta believe he is in a deal of pain this morning though, from that first leap. I still don't know how he managed to keep his rod up, and the fish on, while doing a barrel roll down a 20 ft river bank

grin.gif...any chance he's on the DL and can't make the opening bell tonight.... grin.gif

Quote:

grin.gif
...any chance he's on the DL and can't make the opening bell tonight....
grin.gif

notta

Quote:

I gotta believe he is in a deal of pain this morning though, from that first leap. I still don't know how he managed to keep his rod up, and the fish on, while doing a barrel roll down a 20 ft river bank

I let him tell you what he caught
grin.gif

Ahhh it wasn't quite 20ft. But it sure was a much bigger step than I was expecting. blush.gif

made for some really good laughs. It would have been one of those perfect camera moments.

AS far as the last one of the night. Dturtle is passing off his title.

Big softshell... Yuck.

I am not sure about any one else, but this year for me has been a blooper year. From countless butt slides down hills in front of friends, to a total all out display of un balancment in front of a crown down on Pool two.

My pride and ego are ranking up their with my hook up ratio.

Larry-

You have officially taken over the title of "Mr. Breakoff". grin.gif