Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
driftin

Shetek

4 posts in this topic

Got a friend that wants to go fishing thought about going to Shetek or Sara for eyes or crappies. Boat has been down all summer haven't been out or heard anything. Any info of late will help. If the're both "Dead Sea's" right now would like to Know, won't waste the time.

I am heading there this weekend with my kids and boat. I understand the level is low as all the lakes but does anyone have any suggestions on where to look and what to use. I am a MN transplant from NE and relatively new to this real fishing.

If you like catfish you are in luck. You will be at the right lake. Try any of the rock points. They will be marked with buoys. Nightcrawlers, chicken liver, prepared catfish baits all should get the job done. Good luck and let us know how you do.

Thanks, I would have rather got a few walleye but we did well with 6 cats in a morning off of Loon Island on night crawlers. Maybe we will try later in the year for a change. Thanks and have a great weekend.