Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Loos15

Minnetonka Walleye

5 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, wondering if anyone is willing to share some tatics from shore as to how to get some walleyes at Minnetonka. I've been fishing in excel bay and tried just about everything, maybe its my luck or location, but i can't seem to catch any walleyes. Any advice, suggestions etc would be most appericated. I'd go to Mil Lacs...but don't know where theres good shore fishing...any suggestion on that would be welcomed too smile.gif

Thanks!

Shore fishing for walleye gets better in the fall when boat traffic drops. The only productive areas for shore fishing I know of are channel areas around sunset or later or very early in the morning. Gray's, the Narrows, Halsted's, Phelps and Emerald channels are the best.

dawn hours are the only times im out on that lake...

so im ok with that laugh.gif

the gray's bay channel...i can fish that under the bridge right?

Gray's should be fine to fish under the bridge. Good luck!

Went back to st.alban bay, no walleyes frown.gif but this guy was pulling in some nice bass. Some thing about the color green seems to be doing awesome at Minnetonka. Green spinerbaits for nice pike, and green/firetiger rapala divers for bass. Wish my green jig pulled some walleyes...hehe