Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
skink

Cedar Lk

4 posts in this topic

I see a lot of fishing on the lake, but have never tried. I bike around it every day for work. It looks like a great bass lake. Is it?

There are a few Cedar Lakes around. Which one are you talking about?

Seeing as how you said you pass it while biking to work I assume you are referring to the one in Minneapolis. My dad takes that same route to work every day, good views and scenery. Back to fishing. I live on that lake so I guess I know it pretty well. Try the lillypads in the NE corner and the SW corner, a lot of action (northerns and bass) off cedar point beach, or try the channel from Isles. It has a steady bass and panfish population, there are northerns and I've heard a lot about the tiger musky action, never caught one though. My dad caught a small walleye out there the other day, a pretty rare sight for that lake. I hope I'm talking about the right lake haha grin.gif

Sorry, yes, the Cedar in Mpls. Thanks. I'll bring my pole next week.