Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishinalot

Looking for Smallmouth on Nam

1 post in this topic

Hi Guys,

I'm attempting a trip in the heat next week and would like to keep my 2 boys entertained with some smallmouth action.

We have been up there in the past and always seem to get a few, but not great numbers like I see others catch up there.

We will be staying around the Namakan Island area and if any guys would like to give up a couple of spots to try out, that would be great! We only practice Catch-n-release , so the bass will be back in to catch your next trip up.

My e-mail is jiml7280@aol.com

Thanks in advance!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Barefoot
      I just checked the cedar Island Access there was about two-and-a-half to three inches of ice
    • EyeChsr
      Not sure how much ice, but guys walking out with portables in the bay this morning.
    • timjones
      Took a drive around the lake today. The only open water I saw was in the middle out from Holiday Resort. Rest of the lake was covered with ice. When I got home I went out to check the ice thickness in front of my place. Went out about 5 feet from shore and chopped a hole with the spud bar. Measured 2 inches of ice with my measuring stick. Went out to about 15 feet from shore, chopped another hole and measured just a hair under 2 inches. Went out another 5 feet and brushed away the snow with my boot as I had done with the other holes. Hit the ice with the spud bar and all I could hear was cracking going off in every direction. Retreated to the shore. Going to give it a couple of days and check again. Hope we don't get that snow for Saturday night and Sunday.
    • Ymmit
      Yeah I thought if that. Just looking for other opinions. 
    • Ray Berg
      Check craigslist see if there are any boats like yours on there. If so how much are they asking.