Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CatManLee

Anyone fishing in GF this weekend?

7 posts in this topic

Just wondering who if anyone from here is planning on hitting the river in Grand Forks this weekend? I'm gonna be over there fishing the North Side Friday and possibly Saturday too.

If your out and see me, say hi. I'll be fishing in my 17' MirroCraft w/a 90hp Evinrude on the back.

Talk to ya'll later and hope to see some of you on the river.

I won't be up there this weekend, but I can give you a report from my cousin from this past Wed- Wow!!! He spanked 'em. Apparently they're not in full spawn mode yet, or maybe I'm off and just coming out of it up there- caught big fish and great numbers. Hopefully you'll find the same this weekend.

Fished Friday and Sunday and I do believe the Cats are a spawnin'!

All the big Cats I caught had cuts and marks all over 'em. Not sure if the spawn is the reason, but I'm guessing thats why they looked so rough? Water tempurature was in the upper 70's and water flow is about "normal"...maybe even a little slow...

Friday I caught (1-17lb Cat) (1-13lb Cat) (2-22" Cats)

(1-21" Cat) and (1-27" Cat)...

Sunday was HOT!!! Ended up catching (1-16lb Cat) (1-10lb Cat) and (2-23 1/2" Cats)...

It definetly wasn't fast, but it could have been worse I guess. Both days I used Cut Sucker Minnows, and caught most fish on the trailing edge of runs near deep water.

It's kind of funny though, both days almost every fish was caught on my Circle hook rod with the biggest chunk of bait I could possibly fit on it! It seemed they were only interested if the bait was freekishly big?

Well, that's my report from this past weekend.

Talk to ya'll later....

Catmanlee did you have any problems getting your boat in the river in Grand Forks? I have a 16' deep v lund with a 90hp and I can't get it in the river in Crookston but would like to fish for some cats in Grand Forkss if the river is high enough! Thanks!

GF & EGF keep their ramps in real good shape. With the number of guys fishing the river over there, they don't stay mudded in very long.

I'd say you'll be fine! River should be plenty high for your boat. If you are concerned at all about depth, south has much more depth than north although I don't think it should be an issue whichever way you go.

Hanson is spot on... The ramps are easy to use and are in great shape. As for the river levels, plenty deep for any size boat, just use caution and watch for dead heads and "junk" floating in the water. The shallowest water I was finding in the center of the river was 6-8ft deep, so it's definetely better than last year...

Good luck if you go out.

**Chris, When did you move to Minnetonka???**

Quote:

**Chris, When did you move to Minnetonka???**

August 1 smile.gif