• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

goose decoy socks

I have seen somewhere a sock that you can put over a canadian decoy to convert it to a snow decoy. Anyone know where to find these?

Wal-Mart. Fruit of the loom tube socks.

I just put regular socks over my honker decoy heads. It works.

The product you are thinking of is called the goose glove. I have never used one or seen them used but I have done the same as boilerguy with old socks. If you are planning on buying the gloves I would get enough for around half of your decoys that you want to convert and put socks over the heads of the others to make some blues.

So really these are prety good for turning canadas into snows/blues? Are they for shells or full bodies? I have never seen these, but have lots of canadas and no blues, so this could help me out tons. Thanks for the info guys!!!

Cool.

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN

I had a seamstress custom sew up some out of pillow cases to fit my full-body canada's and they look awesome. I custom painted them to look like all phases of snows and blues.

Guys, thanks for all the help. I did find the goose gloves, but holy hanna $57 a dozen. I like the pillow case idea much better. Boiler guy, great tip and I have a whole sack of old tube socks for that. Problem is in Canada when using an electronic call you can't have any canadian or blues in the spread. All decoys have to be white phase. Again thanks for the replies, I appreciate the help.