Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
picksbigwagon

HOT HOT HOT

4 posts in this topic

so the kids are gone at my wife's parents for all of next week, and I am planning on coming up either wednesday and thursday or just thursday. The weather is supposed to be hot, what can you suggest (fishing wise that is) for my plan of attack? If I come up wednesday, I will go out during the evening and hit some reefs with slip bobbers, but during the day on thursday, will anything be hungry? will the smallmouth be cooperative during the day? thanks in advance

You should be able to get a few smallmouth takers. Everything will most likely be better early early morning or at night.

Picks, the smallies were pretty active last weekend on the shallow rocks. we caught them pulling #5 shad raps, throwing tubes and even the trusty white spinnerbait worked. The walleyes on the gravel 16-22' bit all day, just hard to find them in the 14-16" size. Muskies are pretty active also if you want someting to pull you around the lake for a while. I wish ya luck.

Nova, were you slip bobbering on the gravel or draggin crawlers? It is gonna be hot, but I am pretty darn sure I will be up there fishing all day thursday..