Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
huntnfish

Spray in liner

18 posts in this topic

What does everyone prefer for a spray in bed liner. We have Line-X and Rhino in town and they both seem to be the same as far as I can tell and both have a lifetime warranty. Does anyone know if one is better than the other?

Do a search on Fishing MN since it has been discussed before. I went with Line-X and it is fine after 3 years. It was the brand offered by the place that I got my topper from. It doesn't get a lot of abuse though.

I beat the crap out of my Rhino for 6 years, with tree stands, wood, chainsaws, augers, etc... I never ripped it or saw any of the sheet metal on the box. The only thing that happed was it faded pretty quick other than that it was rock solid...

I've also had Rhino for 5 years. No deep scratches or rips with lots of dirt/rock/compost hauled. Mine also faded from jet black to a dull black/gray after 1-2 years. I got it re-sprayed due to an accident and the same thing happened.

I will probably try Line-X next time because it seems to resist fading better. But I'm otherwise happy with the Rhino. Make sure you get it sprayed over the rail and on top of the tailgate as well.

My Line-X is still going strong after 7 years.

I'm looking at a new truck and considering Line-X. Has anybody had their rocker panels, door jams, wheel wells, or fenders done? I'm also thinking about anding Ranchhand bumpers (front and rear) and was thinking of having them sprayed as well. I would appreciate any thoughts.

How much are we talking about here? 4-500?

I put Line-X in my new truck three years ago...and hauled a ton of stuff. People always ask me if I ever put anything in the bed...because it still shinny black with no scrathes...so I am very happy so far.

It was 400.00 bucks to do my super-crew..and top rails.

I had the bottom and fenders of my drop down fish house done three years ago and still looks good, and no rock chips in the fenders.

I have 7 years on my Line - x. I have been fully satisified with it.

Almost 4 yrs on my Line-X and I'm satisfied.

I have a Vortex sprayed-in liner and I am very happy with it. I have had it on two trucks and both were pretty tough. I am not sure how it happened but on my previous truck, I or someone else threw something in the back hard and/or heavy enough to dent the wheel well and the liner never cracked/peeled/chipped.

6 years on my Line-X and am very happy with it. Showed it to a guy at work and he is going to get it done.

sprayed in liner is the way to go. I have had it on my last two trucks. my new truck had a plastic bed liner in it, I had it removed and got the line-x.

I'm thinking.........(oh no watch out)..........dunk my whole truck in a Line x tank and walla never have to paint again?.......hhhhuuummmm???c63 confused.gifgrin.gifsmirk.gif

I'm just a bit po'd because the doors on my Suburban are starting to rust out (just after the warrenty expires) so, I'm thinking of using line-x (new truck) on the rocker panels, lower part of the door as well as the door jamb (of couse making sure that any drain holes are left open) and then spraying the inside of the doors with cosmoline (developed to protect guns, artilery, and equipment being shipped to the pacific theater in WWII).

I have Line-X and love it. I've had it for 6 years and from snowmobiles to elk have been in the back and still looks as good as day one. Some friends of mine in CO had the rocker panels done as well as their rims. As my truck gets older, I am considering putting color matched Line-X on the rocker panels too.

Thanks to everyone for their help. I had the line-x done today and plan to put it to the test this weekend.