Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Yamahopper

Wahkon area

Yamahopper

I am purchasing a camping trailer in this bay and looking for any info on what fish can be caught in the bay or near it. Looking to get the family out for some fun. I have a very light aluminum boat so long runs and wave busting are not going to work.

Yamahopper

Well, I'm hoping the fishing is more active than the forum. Would I be best looking for pike or small mouth in this area?

minnesotatuff

i dont fish much for muskie or northerns, but there is a vegetation reef kind of southsoutheast of halfmoon island. its a good spot for muskies and im sure northerns too. the shallow rocks around the island must hold small mouth too. take it with a grain of salt, but if no one else answers at least its a place to start. good luck!

regards,

minnesotatuff

Yamahopper

Thanks for the info. I think I,ll let the boys try a little of both and see how it goes. I am going to pick up a lake map or two to study also.

computerboy

Walleyes, pike, smallmouth, and muskies are all avaialable in Wahkon bay. The shallower rocks is where you'll likely find the smallies. Trolling or casting along the weedlines is where you'll find the pike/muskies. The West side of Half Moon, Upper Twin, and Lower twin are all good bets for walleyes during primetime hours.

Good luck!

broodwich

computerboy nailed it. I too have a small aluminum and very rarely venture outside the bay, and it's not just because of the boat, but because there is some good fishing to be had in Wahkon. Keep an eye out for a tan alumacraft with a 50hp yamaha with a casting seat (and an overweight dude with the sleeves ripped off his shirt) up front, and stop by and say hi! smile.gif