• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Ron Mexico

lawdog

Boy what a loser this Michael Vick must be. For those of you who haven't seen the news, Vick was indicted by a Grand Jury for his part in this dog fighting ring.

Think the Falcons are regretting letting Schaub go yet?

Isn't it innocent until proven guilty? I'm not a lawyer but that's how I interpret the law. If he's found guilty then I'll be right thier with ya.

Growing up with hunting dogs that were treated as part of the family, this inhumane issue really irritates me. How can anyone be that cruel and lack such moral decency? If Vick is convicted, I really hope they make an example out of him and give him the full six years in prision. I better shut up before I really go off...

It is but he let let this happen at a house he owned. I heard what they did to the dogs if they lost and I hope an animal rights groups comes after him also. I hope they find him GUILTY on every charge that will be against him. These professional athletes have life by the balls, money, women, nice cars and about 4 houses. When I read stuff like this what athlete's do I hope they are found guilty, have the book thrown at them and a year or 2 suspension.

Maybe this will help the Vikes in the opener!!!! Hey it sounds like smart decisions run in the family!! grin.gif

Quote:

Isn't it innocent until proven guilty?

That's what they say, but it's really guilty until proven innocent because of the media.

You can take the player out of the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto out of the player. Football players these days are complete fools, living up to the stereotypes they so rightfully deserve. Tank, PacMan, Vick, and now Dominic Jones for the Gophers. Did these guys burn all their remaining braincells taking crack hits around the dog fighting ring at Mikey's place or what?

Sports now days need tohave very strict penalties, dont have a 3 strike rule. If you use steroids, Your out for life! If you get a felony, your out for life! You dont get to choose who is going to draft you, if someone drafts you, that is you new home, or your out for life! Let them decide, do they want the big money, or do they want to go back to the ghetto! I bet there will be less problem people in sports!

Quote:

Sports now days need tohave very strict penalties, dont have a 3 strike rule. If you use steroids, Your out for life! If you get a felony, your out for life! You dont get to choose who is going to draft you, if someone drafts you, that is you new home, or your out for life! Let them decide, do they want the big money, or do they want to go back to the ghetto! I bet there will be less problem people in sports!

I totally agree with you, although I think the new Commish is starting to come down on these individuals more than in the past. Maybe this one will put him over the edge. I think that the mere fact that Vick looked Goodell straight in the face and lied to him about this whole thing will get him banned for life from the NFL.

Quote:

Isn't it innocent until proven guilty?

Yes to be criminally convicted that's the standard, which may or may not be met. But regardless of that, to indict someone by a grand jury requires a fairly substantial amount of evidence to create "probable cause" in the first place and whether he's ever convicted criminally, there are other standards that determine from a lay person's perspective whether or not he is "proven" to have done this or known about it.

If it turns out to be true, I'm all for throwing the book at him. But maybe let up on the "ghetto" references, eh? Pretty low class...

Quote:

You can take the player out of the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto out of the player. Football players these days are complete fools, living up to the stereotypes they so rightfully deserve. Tank, PacMan, Vick, and now Dominic Jones for the Gophers. Did these guys burn all their remaining braincells taking crack hits around the dog fighting ring at Mikey's place or what?

Can you be anymore offensive?? The only strereotype here is comparing a few bad apples to the overwhelming upstanding football players in the league.

The problem is there are getting more and more bad apples every year! When you pull a a low class criminal out of the poor house, all you end up with is a low class criminal with money!

Chris Henry,Ricky Williams, Onterrio Smith, Koren Robinson, Michael Irvin, Randy Moss, The vikes on the boat cruise, etc. It's the truth guys sorry that it may not be what you want to hear. It dominates the football news these days.

Thier were probably just as many bad apples 20 years ago it's just the media and other really didn't care. The lawmen of today are cracking down (no more warnings)or looking to make a name for themselves. Unless of course you're an illegal immigrant....then no laws apply to you and we enforce none of them on you. Not that someone who did a crime like this should get off.

Quote:

Chris Henry,Ricky Williams, Onterrio Smith, Koren Robinson, Michael Irvin, Randy Moss, The vikes on the boat cruise, etc. It's the truth guys sorry that it may not be what you want to hear. It dominates the football news these days.

OK you pretty much named all the guys getting in trouble in 2 of your posts. I could make a list 100 times longer of players who help their communitys. Those posts comparing Football playes to criminals and other stereotypes should be deleted.

The media certainly has to take the majority of the blame, but then again, so do we. We are online talking about it, reading about, watching it, etc. The main stream media puts on what we want to see. The sad truth is, there are a lot (the vast majority) of pro sportsmen and women that do a lot of good for the community, but unfortunetly, that doesn't sell. In Vick's own state, Warrick Dunn builds houses for single moms (dozen's of them), instead of selling a jersey number (I believe in Arizona) the player made him do community service and donate the money for it. It's just plain sad that the bad apples get the attention and we keep fueling the fires.

Just my $.02

I don't believe you are supposed to be callng people names on this family sight. Calling someone a loser before the jury is even out I don't believe is fair. Whether the evidence is one sided or not. If this happened at my home sure you could hold me responsible because I know what's going on at my property just like you do. For all we know Vick wasn't ever there. If I owned a house and rented it out should I be called a loser because the tenants got busted running some type of illegal activity. Especially if the tenants are paying the bills on time. Never want anything fixed in the house. Why would I need to go over there? I have never once been visited by the landlord at any place I have ever rented.

I wasnt comparing football players to criminals, I was comparing criminals to criminals. The media or us dont make them criminals, they do! I wasnt pointing out football players, I was talking all of sports. Its the fotball players that are hilighting themselves. What I was saying is if you give a bad person 50 million dollars, thats not going to make him a good person, just a bad person with 50 million dollars. More opertunities to do bigger badder things!

96% is the conviction rate for federal inditements.....I think they may have a thing or two on him!!!! wink.gif

So the cup is only 4% full! If he is guilty feel free to call him every name in the book he deserves it. Eyes nothing was directed at you. I understand what you are saying.

Remember to that there is "athlete guilty" (OJ) and real world guilty (say Alfonzo Rodriguez). Down2earth, did you happen to read any of the articles WHY they indictied him? Seems like he had everything set up for dog fighting and dog destroying, not poodle breeding.

I read he pleaded not guilty. I also think he is probably guilty. But I'm not going to call him names until the verdict is out. Plus people get out of the ghetto every day and try to make something of themselves. There has been mishaps in the past where the evidence has convicted some and he was put to death. Later to find out he didn't do it.

Where is the person who should be deleting some of those name calling/stereotype posts anyway?

Hey guys, the "name calling" may have been a broad generalization, but this isn't a Micheal Vick website. He messed up and will be held accountable. Ghetto or not, he deserves what he is going to get.

I spoke with my sister who lives in Hotlanta tonight, and the news is becoming so vulgar covering this story that she can hardly stand it. This isn't a black/white, rich/poor, ghetto/suburb, professional/blue collar, North/South argument. Vick knew what was going on at that house and he bought and paid for the house, fence, equipment, dogs, pens, etc. and he will go down for it.

Sad how someone with so much talent can waste it in such an indespicable way.

I hope he ROTS, or better yet, gets the same demise he gave to those dogs.

Vick's a (Contact Us Please). Why would you have anything close to do with that garbage? I could think of a million other things to do in my spare time than that crap. Maybe work on hitting my recievers in the hands?

Isn't name calling against Forum Policy? At least that is what I read.

If he gets convicted he deserves every bit of name calling and worse. In fact, he does deserves it now. How can you not know whats happening at your own house? Does he think people are F%^&*$% (Contact Us Please)? Plus, if he is found guily of killing those dogs, I mean torture killing them, then he should get the old DP. No not that you sickos, the death penalty. It is absolutely unacceptable to do that do a dog, even if its a pit bull. Now I know the people backing him up may disagree, but everyone talking about how these guys ruin the opportunities they are given are right. Do you know how may inner city kids are given college scholarships and they turn around and drop out of school or commit big crimes(not petty misdemeanors) after a year, or two, or three, or eventually when they go pro? It sickens me to see people giving them money, for education or income, and they throw it away. Now you may say, they didnt get a good education in the inner city, how can they make it in college, or some other boo hoo comment. Fact is, everyone with an IQ over 80(under that considered mentally (Contact Us Please)) is capable of learning if they try hard and why wouldnt you if you are being handed free college? Kind of got off the Vick point, but I am sure he barely went to class and was probably on the verge of academic ineligibility when he decided to go pro.

Now the guys in the pros that do a stand up job and help so many people should be commended. I like the Warrick Dunn comment because he deserves a lot of praise. I have never seen a better football player his size, ever. But maybe they could do a little persuasion with the bad guys or something. Even so, if they cant persuade their teammates to do good, they will eventually lose all their money like MC Hammer since they skipped out on the free education.

The death penalty???? I'm sure the people of India think we should get the death penalty for killing cows. Maybe deer hunters should get the death penalty. Let's not start talking out of our you know what.

I have also seen many people who pay for a college education that throw it away. Who's more intelligent....the person who goes to college for free and throws it away or the person who pays for it and does the same?