Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dilleyo

hastings

5 posts in this topic

In case anyone was wondering about the fishing there from right next to the bridge, there are some giant carp out there. I was out on Sunday and just threw out a crawler to see what I could get and ended up with 3 carp over 10 lbs. It was pretty fun and I had the shoreline to myself (except for the occasional boater passing by). All in all a really fun day in the sun. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Dilleyo--- what area of the shore, along the rock bank or down towards the public launch? If you don't mind sharing some info you can email me at wks1974@yahoo.com

I was on the rocky shore, there is a little concrete area almost like an overlook just to the east of the bridge. I just pulled up a chair threw out the line and relaxed. It kinda sucked taking them off the hook though because you have to walk on the rocky bank and try to keep the fish on at the same time, but well worth it.

so you were by the stairway to hell grin.gif

I would guess that would be a good name for it and yes that is where I was! Now I know. grin.gif

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Rancid Crabtree
      1-2" in most lakes under 100 acres with moderate depth in the north metro. Smaller lakes likely have more.    Fingers crossed the snow misses us 
    • Rancid Crabtree
      Went out with my poker this morning and checked ice at Johanna. The entire lake is finally locked up and there is about an inch of ice at the end of the dock. Hopefully the snow misses us this morning and we start to build some quality ice. 
    • Sculpin
      I checked numerous Aitken area lakes yesterday, 9th. The only lake where I saw any open water remaining was Cedar south of Aitken.  Ripple, Dam, Clear, Hanging Kettle, Sissabagama, Anne, Rabbit, all locked up. 2" in most places, but after last night I'm sure it added more. I would guess in the next couple days there will be walk-out traffic. There were 6 porty's on  Shakopee yesterday, and although I did not check the ice, I'd assume there is decent ice there. There were houses out there already Wed.   Be safe, use caution and common sense, and do lots of checking. 
    • Fishing Frenzy
      Ice Report: Pearl Lake 4 1/2 inches on shore line. 5 inches out a couple hundred feet. 1 guy out fishing way out there.  Grand Lake 2 inches about 10 ft out from public access. 
    • Dragon Fish ll
      Well from what I saw yesterday I could wet a line thru the ice today I think knot. im going to give it a week for myself personaly. but on my way to work at 3pm yesterday I looked over at the lake I mentioned was iced over since Wed. and seen two groups of 2 out in the middle of the lake ice shelters and all and 2 of them weren't that far from the aerator out there.  I just hope everyone had a good and safe day out there and no one found anything out the hard way. At best that lake caped off Tuesday night. But I predict by next weekend there will be many places to ice fish and some evan before.  Three hard strikes with the Spud Bar followed by the foot