Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lunker23

Star Lake the Best!

2 posts in this topic

I thought I'd let you all know, We had a great time this June in your Great Country! We caught most our limits of fish to take home for the Wife and Daughter and ate quite a few while we were there!

I caught the Big one this year! 7 1/2 pounds! Bad thing was,

It was a Dawg Fish! Still, fun to haul it in!

When you can look down into the water and see 20 feet or more, you know why these Fish taste so good! They're livin right and so are You! I pray that it always stays this way!

If you see my favorite Warden, "Bruce", Tell Him I'll see him next year! Great Guy! (stopped me 2 years in a row) Doing His Job! And, all of You Ottertail Guys are too!

Can't help but Love Ya,,,,,,,,,,, Thanks again! Lunker

Glad you had a good time and bruce is an excellent guy. I haven't seen him yet this year, but im sure i will for sure this winter.

A. Shae

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Stick in Mud
      Thanks for the ice report, Sculpin.  With the weather forecasted for the upcoming week, I'm sure I'll be up there next weekend, hopefully walking out from the northwest side.   van, yeah, I hear you.  I've been up to LOW a few times, and it is very fun to know there's the chance of catching a monster....but driving all that way for a bucket full of 12'' fish?  Not my cup of tea. I'll save the money and buy three dozen T-bones to make it through the winter. I'm sure people who know the lake better than I do have done better on the weekends I'm up there, but the reports at the resort we used were pretty similar.    I like the northwest side on ML because it's where we've been for almost 20 years, but it also has close access to sand, rocks, whatever weeds remain, mud flats, transitions, etc. The only thing we don't have up there is extensive gravel.
    • BassThumb.
      I'm curious to see how this works out. Do you plan to keep the battery warm while not is use on the water? 
    • Vitreus
      How much ice??????
    • Vitreus
      Picked up a couple of these (jigging rap with wings!):  
    • eyeguy 54
      didnt need hair dryer,  it went back to normal on it's own. paint chipped also.  nice idea the flat tip, just not for me I guess.