Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
deerhuntr8

MUSKIES

deerhuntr8

Probably heading up to there on Friday mid-day. How have the muskies been biting? Any suggestions? I have only fished there 2 or 3 times. Mainly Vineland bay.

Paul Waldowski

Big fish are moving on the weed beds on the north end and also on many of the reefs on the east side. Look for buoys and start casting...it can't get any easier.

SJonesi

Just like Paul said. This is a great time to be on the Pond as the entire lake is alive with activity. There are literally fish everywhere. Weeds, rock and sand all hold fish right now. Get adventurous and troll some of the sharper breaks on the flats.Shhhh.If it's "Africa" hot, get off the water for awhile and fish into the night.Fish are eating bucktais, topwater and 'Dawgs.Prepare for success and have a blast. Steve

deerhuntr8

Thanks very much, guys! grin.gif

Commanche Jim

I'll be up in a few weeks also.......what color and size bulldogs are recommended?

Also, how would you work them? Straight retrieve, twitch???

deerhuntr8

Quote:

Just like Paul said. This is a great time to be on the Pond as the entire lake is alive with activity. There are literally fish everywhere. Weeds, rock and sand all hold fish right now. Get adventurous and troll some of the sharper breaks on the flats.Shhhh.If it's "Africa" hot, get off the water for awhile and fish into the night.Fish are eating bucktais, topwater and 'Dawgs.Prepare for success and have a blast. Steve

Thanks again! We will be fishing from noon-1am, so we will be trying the night bite also. grin.gif

SJonesi

Jim,

My 2 best Dawg colors are pearl white and walleye.I'm throwing strictly Mags with the occassional Pounder.We use a lot of straight retrieve but as the water has warmed, ripping over, through and around cabbage has produced fish. Make contact with the cover if possible. Good luck and have fun!! Steve

deerhuntr8

Fished from noon-midnight on Friday. Fished vineland bay, 3 mile roof, big point, flamingo reef, wahkon bay, spirit island, and a couple of bars on the south side. Had 1 follow on vineland bay. East winds and clear skies. This is probably the worst weather to fish in, isn't it? confused.gifVineland bay was very dirty. The east side was pretty clean. Maybe I will try again some other day.