Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eds

Minnetonka and St. Anthony Main Area's

5 posts in this topic

Two very different places, but just got a new job in Minnetonka Area and moved to the St. Anthony Main (NE) area. I have not fished nearly as much as I would have liked, so just looking for thoughts on places to go over lunch hour in Minnetonka and or places back by where I live? Thanks in advance.

There's always something fishy between bays and under bridges on the numerous bays on Lake Minnetonka. This would be your best bet for gamefish or panfish. A couple of good ones are the Gray's Bay Bridge, the Narrows and the St. Alban's/Excelsior Bay Bridge.

Good luck.

Thanks that's a good start. Any other smaller lakes? I work right off of Londonderry Rd and that Opus business center.

How about NE/ St. Anthony area, anybody have good luck shore fishing? I probably just need to head out and explore.

The closest lake to you would be Shady Oak lake, which has nice populations of northerns and bass. Most run small but they should be easy enough to hook into. I believe you can fish along shore for most of the lake.

Bryant isn't too far either, and you could probably fish around the access there. Or a little farther down the road you could check out the public docks at Staring Lake in EP. Once again, smaller pike and bass.

That should be a start...good luck.

If you stand on the Stone Arch Bridge and look down into the river in the slow areas, you'll see the channel cats sitting on the bottom. It'll give you a good clue for where to toss your bait. There's all kinds of fish in the Mississippi...just toss in your lure and see what kind of fish or otherwise comes back.