Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tearin' lips

7-14 and 7-15 Report

3 posts in this topic

A buddy of mine that I met down at UMD came up with his grandpa this weekend to do a little fishing. They are from the Dassel, Hutchinson area so there is not a whole lot of great fishing opportunities down there and they had a blast this weekend.

My buddy and I started out in Black Bay for a few hours on Friday night. My buddies first fish was a 26.5", then I cuaght a 20", and then he caught a 21"...and then we got chased off by the rain. confused.gif We were pulling F13 raps over 6' of water.

Saturday we headed up into Canada and hit up a few lakes, trying to get the multi-species run. We were successful on Crappies, Northern, and Bass, but the walleyes weren't cooperating on the little lake that we tried. The crappies were hitting tubes, the Northern were slamming Bucktails, and the bass liked X-Raps.

Sunday, we started out up in Redgut. And it was great! grin.gif In the first two hours we boated 20-25 walleyes. Most of which ran 12-15 inches, nice eaters, but no big ones like we had hoped for. All the walleyes were caught on a jig and a minnow or a spinner and a Gulp Crawler. The Berkley Bungee Leech produced one fish. The fish were STACKED on the reef edge in about 26' of water. I graphed 16 nice marks in a small area coming up the edge and it wasn't long before we were tearing into them. We chased a few crappie off the Island edges and Reefs in Redgut as well. Nothing huge, but we managed some nice 10.5-11". All the crappies were caught on Southern Pro Crappie Tubes, the Slug was by far better than the Stingers. I went looking for a few bigger crappies up in Porters and Perry Straights, but they were still scattered throughout the area.

All in all a productive weekend and very fun. I can't wait to get up there and troll some Reef Runners for some bigger eyes though.

Very nice Tearin, Your making me extremely jealous!!

Yeah well, those walleyes don't even hold a candle to the monters that you guys bagged last time! Those were some really nice fish. I am hoping that I can get a few more of them soon!

Take Care SB!