• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hell Everyone,

I am from the St. Cloud area and I am planning on fishing Pelican Lake next saturady. I have been told there are large fish in this lake. I wish to catch some large pike. What bays do I look for and what lures. I would imagine large spinnerbaits/spoons. Thanks for any advice!

Eric

Any reports from Pelican? I'll be up there on Thursday til Sunday. Any advice or reports would be much appreciated! Thanks all!

Yea, that's what I've heard. I guess I'll just have to rely on my gps to find the spots. Is there a color that works best for that lake?

Well I hope your GPS can see boulders under the water cause mine cant. Pelican is absolutely full of em. Almost everytime I land the boat after the day is done.... There is a boat on a trailer with lower unit damage in the parking lot.

Fish pike and bass just like you would do in any other lake in the state. Use colors appropriate for the water tint. If all else fails watch what other boats are doing/using.

The old weekend wrecker...The Lakemaster chip is pretty good on the depth of the lake. I'll just have to do what i did on vermilion, go really slow when I am around 4 fow or less and look out and pray!! Thanks for the heads up though Sledneck!

LOL....I guess I'll be doing alot of booze cruising then!! cool.gif

You guys are pretty bad. What I want to know is where do you go for breakfast now? confused.gif

Eat breakfast in the boat or you miss the best fishing of the day.

Or you can drink your breakfeast in the boat!! wink.gif

I am going to be fishing for pike and smallmouths while I am out there. Maybe try for some eyes later in the evening. Theres a nice little reef out in the middle of the lake that I wanna check out! Hopefully it is holding some fish! I am leaving now! I'll be up there in 4 and a half hours! Here I come!!

Hey aces in the hole

how did you do out on the reef? catch any nice pike/bass? i am heading up there on friday. and any succeess on the walleyes in the evening? i am just wondering during what time of the day did you do the best? I did hear that the morning bite is supposed to be the best.

We had some success on the reefs. Few nice 20" bass. We caught most our fish on the edges of the deep hole in 14 fow. If you have the lakemaster chip or a lake map, you'll be able to find it. Becareful out on that lake, none of the reefs or rocks are marked with buoys. For such a big lake, I can't believe nothing is marked! So becareful. The fishing was good. We were using jig and leach most of the time. But while we were on the reefs we were casting X-Raps and spinner baits. I hope this helps and you read this before you leave! Good luck up there!!