Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
firebug

SALMO LURES

7 posts in this topic

SAY HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD TROUBLE PULLING THE HORNET OR BULLHEAD? I'VE TRIED TWICE TO USE THEM WITH 2-3 PEOPLE IN THE BOAT AND THE GET TANGLED UP frown.gif

The only problem i have had was on 4 floating.Tied the line to it and it wasn`t centered causning the lure to run off to the side.At the salmo site they say to use a loop knot.Great crankbaits for sure.Way to many colors and sizes.I have bought over 30 of them in the last 2 weeks.Quess you could say I`m addicted.

They definetly are not tuned out of the box, also must use a rapala loop knot or a cross-lock snap.

The Salmo hornets work just fine with a cross lock clip. We have been getting them down to 30 feet on Mille Lacs and the walleyes love em.

I use the lindy crankbait snaps. when tuning a plug do you move in the direction you want it to go or the oppisite?

you move it in the opposite direction.

Quote:

The Salmo hornets work just fine with a cross lock clip. We have been getting them down to 30 feet on Mille Lacs and the walleyes love em.

What model plug are you getting that deep? Reason I ask is because I bought a couple of H6S Hornets this past weekend for the purpose of going deep.

Also, what weight line are you pulling them with?

TIA!