Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
quick

Main channel

5 posts in this topic

Does anyone no any good spots that are on the main channel I got my boat down at my father in-laws boat house on baypoint and don't really want to motor to our normal spots on the south end of the lake. I thought about Youngs cabin, point no point, or maybe maiden rock flats. How are the back waters? Any help/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Are you looking for bass, eyes, panfish, catfish? All those areas will hold fish that you mentioned. The back channel will hold fish too. Dragging jigs with bait, and cranks should produce fish.

I was hoping to tie into some walleyes or saugers doesn't really bother me if we don't catch anything at all. It's just more fun if we do. I went out on monday didn't do any fishing just wanted to mark some points of interest. Point no point wasn't holding much fish, at least not from what I could see on the lowrance. But those things are never 100% foolproof. DId mark some on the backwater. but water was really shallow in some spots. and looked to be chock full of snags. Maybe bottom bouncers will fair well there. Any other suggestions spots or techniques???

In the back channel try snagless jigs with bait for walleyes and sauger or vertical jigging off bottom for crappies and sunfish. Dragging jigs with bait along the main channel sand flats will hold fish as well as clam bed areas.

Thanks Ross seems like you an me are the only ones on here lately.everyone else must be vacationing up north...lucky bast... nevermind!