Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
neb.fish

Kip's Camp

5 posts in this topic

Does anyone know how to contact Kip's Camp on Dead Lake? I can't find anything on them on the internet.

Kimp's Kamp Resort

38267 White Haven Road

Dent, MN 56528

218-758-2555

Thanks Matt, have you ever stayed there? I heard they rebuilt some of ther cabins and it's pretty nice there.

Sorry, I have not been there. It's off the tar a few hundred yards so you'd have to drive in there to see it. I fish on Dead sometimes, but not on the north part where Kimp's Kamp is, so I haven't seen it from the lake side either for a while.

We used to go there every Labor Day for 6-8 years. Kip was a great guy. About 7 years ago some of his family took over and we lost out Labor Day spots. We were a large family group that reserved 4-5 cabins a year. Left a bitter taste because we had standing reservations. We received a call a couple of weeks before Labor Day and were told we no longer had the spots, they were going to do something else with the cabins. On such short notice we were unable to find anything else that year. Not very fancy and it needed lots of work but it was a good place to fish. Would I recommend it? Probably not.