Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
waterhog

good west metro lake??

7 posts in this topic

I am familiar more with the east metro. any good lakes on the west side?? we are looking for walleye/pike/bass mainly.

Minnetonka, and Waconia are excellent, just not on the weekends because of pleasure boaters.

I see your in Roch though? Ever fish the Faribault chain of lakes? Little bit closer for you.

yes i fish there frequently. but we will be in the cities for 3 days. im not sure where to go on minnetonka, such a big lake hard to pick where to start! especially for a first timer.

Just fish the deep weed edges especially the ones marked by buoys and you should do OK. Stop in at either Minnetonka Outdoors on Hwy 7 or Wayzata Bait just off Hwy 12 and they can give you some up to date info as well as bait. Gray's Bay has the best ramp followed by Maxwell and North Arm.

I like Waconia over minnetonka - less big boats, but if your looking for a quiet lake with lots of bass and pike try Lake Auburn just north of Victoria - go through Victoria and turn right at the Dairy Queen and its the second left onto a dirt road the launch it a little rough but the lake had produced alot of nice fish for me in th past! Check out Cabin Feaver in Vict. for bait and lots of good advice - good luck

I'd head up to clearwater. Not as much boating traffic and tremendous bass and walleye fishing

The lakes listed above are very good, but big. If you're looking for smaller water, there are plenty of sub-200 acre lakes in the area. Just check out a map, then check out the dnr site for reports. I like small water myself, and I love the southwest metro lakes.