Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
-Marc V-

Thought It Was Just a Log!!!

8 posts in this topic

But it was a snapper... cool.gif

Snapper.jpg[/image]

Yikes!!! Those snappers always make ya a little uneasy to step foot in the same area the next time. I dicovered one of those "logs" on the Trimbelle awhile back. What stream were you on?

Mississippi river...downtown St. Paul.

That's a weird coincidence that you posted that, i had the exact same thing happen while night fishing on the brule this week. After about 4 or 5 strips after casting out a zoo cougar fly it felt like i snagged a rock and then i felt it start shaking. I didn't know what to think, so i flipped on my headlight and watched the snapper drift down towards the guy i was fishing with......with my fly in it's mouth! I put some pressure on and luckily the hook popped out, you can bet that porter wasn't happy with me for swing that snapper in his direction! grin.gif

how you doin' on the brule?

it's been slow, but a few nice fish have been coming to net every once in a while. hopefully with the weather cooling down a bit things will pick up.

What kinds of things spark the fall run of fish? Do browns move into the streams sooner than the salmon and 'bows?

Browns can tollerate much warmer water than bows and salmon and in the brule they start trickeling in around the end of july or early august. I haven't seen many lake runs at all yet this year. the water is still too low and warm, i've been after the nice residents that the river holds. Water levels and temps are what trigger all lake run fish, it's just that browns can handle a little warmer water.