Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Crow Wing Lake

1 post in this topic

I am wondering about species and tactics on the lake if anyone has been out there. Fished it last year a lot of bass. Just wondering about sunnies, crappies, walleyes, and others. I am taking wife and folks out wanna keep the action going so they wont get bored.

Thanks, sorry to hear about the local Reeds love that store

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• CaptJohnWis
      Fishing good today. Finally got a break in the weather! Fished alone. 32 fish total. Ten walleyes mostly big ones but I did keep an eater, rest bass. Three at 25". Biggest bass 19-1/2" - 4.60 lbs. Best lure Fin-S-Fish on 1/4 oz football jig.   I wasted the early morning trying to catch some more big pike - zilch. Downsized lures and got into bass & walleyes. My guess is they are filling up on ciscos - especially based on the pike stomachs yesterday - stuffed!   Today's video
    • james_walleye
      Today was a mirror image of yesterday for us. Caught 15 with 11 being 14-17" and 4 between 19-22". The only thing i can really add is that we couldn't be more subtle with the jigging motion. Most of our hits came by holding the jigs inches off bottom or in that instant that the jig sat on bottom when you made contact with bottom.  
    • noska
      Thanks Rick! 
    • JBMasterAngler
      Gave grindstone a try yesterday. I guess the dredging made a difference, but had I not known it happened, I wouldn't have noticed. Was a bad day for my outboard to have carburetor issues, as the wind was blowing much harder than the predicted 7 MPH. Battery got drained pretty quick trying to troll with the electric motor in that wind. Regardless, was still a nice day. Caught 1 little smallie, a 28 inch pike (which was a blast to catch on ultra light tackle), and a nice 17 inch rainbow trout.
    • fish_hunt_guy
      Got out for the first time this year last weekend. Opening morning got my two roosters and then started scouting. I didnt see much for birds all day until in the evening when I saw about 40-50 redheads on one pond. Set up there the next morning with my old man and we got 3 reds, 3 gwt, and a woodie and mallard drake. Next day saw more ducks on that pond as well and ended up setting up there as well the next morning. We shot 5 bluebills and 2 bonus geese that morning. Then shot a nice fat rooster that day and headed home. Im off the next 6 days after today so we'll see what kind of trouble I can get myself into. I will post pics on the other thread when i get a chance.