Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scotteye

Best time to "FALL" fish Rainy/LOW ......

7 posts in this topic

I am planning a fall trip, and I am just wondering everyone thoughts. I was thinking 3rd or 4th weekend in October. I am completely flexible in Oct & Nov. I know this is weather pending, but averages will do! Thanks!!

Scott, I make the fall run every year and the best advice I can give you is to go when the shiners are IN the river the fish will follow the run usually. The run is hard to predict so I just wait and talk to the locals and go when the shiners are thick.

Thanks for the info! Should I be planning (in the back of my mind)on October or November? How long does the "good bite" usually last? How is business?

I would say no earlier than the 3rd weekend in Oct., and it typically gets better from there on out in the river. I've had some great trips in mid-October and some that have really been bad. So if you can go when you hear the bite is "ON", that's the way to do it. Too many variables in the river to try and plan anything.

By the end of October the bite is getting pretty consistant.

The first weekend of deer hunting has provided some of the

best fall trips.

I like to fish the Lake, the Gaps, the Bay and the last

few miles of river and by early Oct fishing is pretty good

some where in those areas. The fishing just keeps getting

better thru November till freeze up but it gets tougher

to be out there.

Come early, that way you can make a few more trips, there

are no long runs in a boat necessary in the fall so the

fishing is much more affordable.

Good luck

Timeframe you are looking at should see good fishing and the Shiner run pretty much in full swing. As long as the weather cooperates the bite should be 'on' good somewheres between the lake and the Clementson area.

Toss a coin for your dates and keep your fingers crossed so the weather is favourable when your up!!!

fiskyknut

I'll keep you posted this fall when the run happens...I think you know how business is...I'm going fishin' grin.gif