Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gissert

Groundhog Disc?

6 posts in this topic

I just saw an ad for the groundhog disc. It looks like it is a narrow disk, about the width of a 4 wheeler. It mounts on the receiver, and is pushed into the dirt by the weight of the ATV and rider.

Has anyone used one of these? Comments?

I am rather intrigued....

I have seen both good and bad reports on it. No surprise on that I guess.

The one thing to watch out for is areas that might have rocks. I guess thats a really bad thing for this type of disc.

The good thing about it is that you can really crank up the speed, and the faster you go, the better the soil will get worked up. BUT, going faster means when you hit something,,,, hold on....

I can see the problems with rock. It just looks so slick for tight spots, and with the weight over the top it looks like the bite would be pretty good.

when I saw it at fleet farm I thought the price was going to be under $200. there isn't much to it - pretty small. When I saw the price (i think it was $400) i started looking around for more pieces. i couldn't believe it.

That does sound a bit pricey. I got my Quadivator for $500 but I found a used one on CraigsList.

Of course I haven't used it yet since we found someone with a tractor who did some planting for us. Probably try it out around Labor Day.

If it works well, I won't mind the price so much1