• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Trail Cam Photos - Lets get going!!!

certified jumbo

I shot a 135" 8 pointer during rifle season, but I never got a picture of him with my camera.....go figure

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shack

• Mark Christianson

• TrophyEyes

• shedfreak

Nice bucks fellas laugh.gif Will be fun to see now... all these bucks should start showing up in bone here in the next few days, see what were really dealing with! Lets see some velvet hanging grin.gif

Greg............that's actually off Joey's camera. All I've had are does so far.

Hey Rotweiler...

Im curious as to wether you hunt thr city hunt or not. I have some sheds that are very similar to some of thos deer you have on your trail cam. Wish i had some pics to post but my cuddeback (brand new this spring) has been nothing but a piece of crap. I cant even get the powere to stay on. I have it in a prime spot too. Jump up big guys everytime out to it. Its frustrating. Keep them pics coming, odds are noone will see any from me again until those antlers start dropping. Gotta try to be better last years total.

SHEDFREAK32

shedfreak,

no i didnt get in on the city hunt. i wanted to but the bowhunters safety class was booked. i have one spot in hermantown though.

look at the difference between with velvet and without. kinda disappointing. still nice but, his rack looks really skinny now.

bigguy.jpg

3lr9.04009.jpg

Thats frickin cool!

Same pose to really get a good comparison!

Nice deer too!

That is neat! Its cool now how they look when they molt that summer hair too! I should get some more pics up, I got a 160's buck the other day that I have sheds off of! Im pumped!

Nice pics Rot wink.gif

got my trail cam working for the first time this year. only had 5 pics but when i took them into wal mart to see what i had..... drumroll please. a six point, a doe, and the big daddy. will dfinitely score over 200. not a great picture and yes i only got the one. My computer does not take my CF memory card so when i post the pic it will be a picture of the picture i got developed.. my wife works til 11 tonight so when she gets home with the camera i will take a picture of it. the right main beam is so long this year its growing down at the end... a good 3-4 inches... and that drop isnt counting the other 2 he is carrying... i have a pic of him last year in velvet and have followed him for the past 4 years, he had 18 scoreable last year, but this year he is definitely sporting ALOT more nontypical stuff... one question quick with the cuddebacks.... when i viewed the pics at the store it showed the cuddeback logo and time date etc, but when i printed them off there, it cut it all off, minus the top 32nd of an inch of the cuddeback logo in the corner.... is that normal??? check back late tonight or tomorrow to see the pic... ill submit the little 6 point too..... not bad for just setting it in that spot on monday... and being the first deer i have ever taken with a trail cam.... can you say.... ADDICTED.

SHEDFREAK32

26 sheds this spring and not one of this guy... none in 4 years... youd think theyd be easy to find, very visible anyways.

Well here they re as advertised... apologize for the clarity... as good as i can get with taking pictures of pictures.. hope i can get some with him not moving and looking directly into the cam... Dont wanna seem greedy , i shouldnt complain.... I got pics of the guy i bought the cam for in the first place! Mission accomplished... well part 1 of the mission!!! Any guesses on the score... he's gotta be over 2oo... i honestly thought he was pushing 200 last year... but he added ALOT of nontypical inches... i know he will lose some of the mass when he is done shedding... but i can tell you after seeing ths deer for the past 4 years... he will still be heavy. Let me know what you guys think... the first two are obviously the same pic... one might turn out better than the other... the house light kinda got a glare on there. The 3rd photo is after i cropped it down to just the head of the buck. And the 4th pic is just a small 6 i had on there too.

003.jpg

002.jpg

004.jpg

006.jpg

SHEDFREAK32

You have no way to scan the pictures?

Impossible to guess size based on the pics as posted. We cant tell how many main beam tines he has for sure.

200? I dont know. He has what looks to be several stickers off the main tines, but those wont add a lot in the gross score. As you mention mass will go way down when he sheds the velvet, and he doesnt look to have long tine length.

Not saying at all that he isnt a GREAT deer. He is awesome!

When were the pics taken?

For a good guess at score, try to find someone that has a scanner to get better pics up.

Absolutely beautiful animal.

I wouldn't say 200, but it is a nice deer none the less. It just isn't tall/wide enough to be a 200. If I had to guess from this picture I would say he is right around 150 non-typical. It looks like from the picture he is still in velvet too so he will be smaller when it is time to shoot him. It is still a buck of a lifetime, don't get me wrong.

Maybe its the photo too that doesn't do him justice.

150 nontypical?? ok the pictures MUST not do him justice. I know a guy last year that shot a 188 inch deer, see the july 2007 north american whitetail..page 17. anyways this deer here is not only just as wide, but has as much or more on tine length. the 188 buck was only 18 inches wide, with 16 scoreable points.... 3 or 4 that were just a couple inches long. I have seen this deer in and out of velvet for 4 years.. his mass out of velvet is impressive.. And as for scanning the pics... i dont know, I just got the lap top a couple weeks ago, i know for sure there is no spot for the memory card my cuddeback takes.. i know once i get the cudde out of the woods, i can connect it directly to the comp with a usb cable, but that wont be for a while... The cam is still out there, and still hopefully taking pictures... I have a friend who is an official scorer and he as well says he cant even take an educated guess with just theone picture...but he called me up and wants to get out in the woods with me. He has a nice digital slr camera so anyways hes coming over on monday to try and get a shot of him.

SHEDFREAK32

I also have a deer that scores 148 on the wall.. a 9 point with a 17.5 inch spread... my deer looks like bambi next to this deer. I gurantee a 200 inch score.

I have a 148 inch 9 point on my wall.. he has a 17.5 inch spread...this deer is wider, higher, heavier, and twice as many points... I know alot about scoring deer and what they score ROUGHLY at a glance, and although the pic I have of this buck is blurry, like i said I have had the oppurtunity to follow this deer the last 4 years, i know what he looks like from every angle.. I gurantee a 200 inch score.

SHEDFREAK32

sorry one more thing i forgot, the pic was actually taken yesterday at 1:15 pm, middle of the day... quite a bit of velvet it seems... opener is next weekend...

Shedfreak you could take the pics to walmart/target and have it burned onto a CD. It shouldn't be too expensive to do.

There aint no doubt, that thing is impressive!

Mail me a pic. I'll scan it. smile.gif

l_bb8062d01a5f14e09c680e8b02434f9a.jpg

This picture was taken on the 31st at my cabin. And he's not even the biggest we've seen this year!!!

Shedfreak, By no means was I ripping on your deer. I was commenting on the picture. It looks like he is still within the ears. I have a fair amount of experience with big deer, both with my old job and with my hunting group. We shoot an average of one over 190 every year and they would make that look quite small, both in body size and rack. I would say the one that was just posted will score higher. Not ripping on you or your deer, I want to make that very clear, just basing off the pictures. I hope you put an arrow in him and he ends up being a 200. Either way, it is a wonderful deer and I would be impressed to have him in my sights.

Points and stickers are not going to make up for mass (which this deer has), tine length and spread. Scoring a deer in velvet is also not the easiest thing.

Shedfreak,

Try taking another photo of your photo's with the flash off. Have pics under good light (florecent) and go straight up and down with all four corners flat to table. Try to fill all four corners in your view finder of your digi camera. Then use you photo/image poster to edit pics. I have had good luck with this in past.

very nice buck, shedfreak! I hope you can tag him this year and be able to tell us the score that way!

yeah i feel pretty stupid to have not thought of that.....ill do that in a few weeks, im going to wait to fill up a little bit more of the memory card.. not worth makin a cd of only 5 pictures.... Ill post them on here when i do get around to that.

SHEDFREAK

i didnt feel you were ripping on "my" deer at all sorry if i made it sound that way. That deer just posted IS very impressive. I know i have no way of telling from the pic i got with the trail cam but i know last year and the 2 before that he was roughly 19 inches... and his g2's were probably 11-12 range. BUt like the rest of you say, we can guess all day long but until there is an arrow in him, we'll never know for sure. Appreciate all your feedback on him, hope I can get some more posted on here.. I have a couple 160 class typicals on the property as well.

SHEDFREAK

It sounds like you are doing the right things to manage a really nice heard. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Hey Rotweiler, out of curiousity is your name dave??? I was showing my wife the page and she was like i swear i know that guy from somewhere... anyways, guess just askin, haha...