Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LETSgoFISHIN

ball club lake

8 posts in this topic

we are staying at a place on it in august and im wondering how the fishing is? any help will be great grin.gif and thanks, darren

can be good for walleye so far not bad this year. they are deep usually on the 19-25 ft leech and a lindy northern are good but fairly small troll or jig and minnow in weeds good perch they can ebe anywhere and good crappies also

JAson

Hey LETSgoFISHIN,

How was the trip to Ball Club Lake? I'm going there the last week in September and have never fished that lake before, do you have any pointers for me on the fishing? I'm staying a Gus's Place Resort.

illinois

This is an EXCELLENT walleye lake. I totally recommend it! It is truely an untapped resource.

Troll rapalas, use jigs and minnows, leeches, anything will trigger some bites...

lemme know how you do..headed up there around MEA wknd for some late fishing..maybe swat at some ducks if their around

Thanks for the information MidCoast.

illinois

it was great time and we caught a ton of fish. walleye, perch, pike, lm bass, rockbass, and bowfin(dogfish) were caught by my brother and i. if you like perch we probably caught 600 or so and lots of JUMBOS in that 12-14 inch range. we each kept our 40 possesion limit and let the others go. if you are staying at gus place he will point you to the right places grin.gif strait across from gus place 6 fow was our best places. hope this helps, darren grin.gif

darren,

It sounds like you had one heck of a fishing trip. Thanks for the information, I do like to perch fish and if their in the shallows now I would think they would be there the last week in September. Thanks again!