Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Walli1

July 14 & 15

14 posts in this topic

Ready to go leaving for the river right now!! cool.gifcool.gif

Hey Walli, Big Wade and I are heading out of the bluffs at 6 AM tomorrow. Hope to see ya out there. Can't wait for your fishing report today.

I will also be on the river tomorrow a.m. Trolling rods in hand.

Things started off fast, boated a 17" eye within a couple minutes and then it got painfully slow for about a hour or so then picked up a few shorties, just couldn't get a decent one, so off to bottom bouncing and bang theres one 16 1/4" and bang theres another 17 1/2" then nothing and so I pulled up one rod and put down some lead core and a tiger pattern shad rap and bang a 21 1/2 " which I released but not before I took a photo, check out its weird eye? PICT0148.jpg picked up one more shorty and called it a day, I'll be back on the water in the morning. Finished the day with three decent ones and a nice releaser plus caught a couple nice smallies and of course sheep! cool.gif

What a beatiful morning to be on the river and the fish were biting so so, nice to see Sandmannd and Big Wade out there, had a goood time talking with you guys, so did that spot pan out for you? I picked up one more straight out from the buffs before I split, not as nice as the other three but still a 17", heck if I wouldn't of tossed the two legal but smaller ones I'd of had my limit! cool.gif

Sounds fun Wallman! You still getting out early in the morning?

Turk

4am on the water! cool.gif

Walli,

It was nice visiting with you again. That spot didn't pan out for us, lots of bites but couldn't pinpoint the hook-set, except for Sandman's lawn chair he got on a spinner and then his blue gill. Have to only guess it wasn't our day, but then again it was sure nice to get out on the river again, talking to you was proof there are still fish there, so I just have to get out and try again. Hope to see you out there again soon.

Arent bulging eyes a symptom of VHS? Along with red spots...hope it hasnt made its way into the croix.

Hey Walli,

Nice seeing you again. Thanks for the pointers and letting us fish along side you. Nice to get tips from a river pro like you. I really liked when you showed us your catch and all I could hold up was my zebra muscle covered lawn chair. Oh yea Wade, you forgot about the 10 lb log I hooked into, that was a nice bite. I think my favorite was yelling for the net only to have the lawn chair come up. It sure did fight though. We both saw a flash of a fish on that one and then it dove down so my guess is it hooked me into the chair since I don't think they usually bite on crawlers.

Ah dang, that just reminded me of the one time I thought I hooked fish and when I finally brought it out, it was a nother fishing rod...Weird thing was it was swimming and fighting and then nothing, but dead weight after I was yelling for the net. call it a magic trick, but I never yell for the net anymore. I just keep the net close by.

We were out Sunday morning as well. Boated 4 walleyes and 1 sauger, all running shad raps on lead core. Nothing on live bait though, the bait bite for me has come to a screeching halt, seems they are on more of a plug bite as of late. At least in the spots I fished Friday and Sunday...Might get out Tuesday evening for a while.

STRATOSMAN "DON'T GIVE UP ON LIVE BAIT"

cool.gif