Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sheephead24

shore fishing

9 posts in this topic

is there any good shore fishing for smallmouths on green? what about the bridge on the northeast side of the lake? I know everyone wants them cleaned out for some stupid reason so I will take a couple if I can get some info on where to catch them from shore. too bad there is 1 smallmouth lake and 75 walleye lakes in a 20 mile radius, but if the smallmouths are bothering people let me know where I can get a couple from shore and I will eat them and keep them from bothering anyone. thanks

Smallmouth taste like poo.....you don't want to eat them. grin.gif

Not everyone wants the smallmouth out of Green!

Green is 99.9% private! if i were to shore fish for smallies I would bypass green, but if ya have to try where nest flows in, cool.gif they at onetime let the public fish there! But also remember below high waterline is public property and you are by law ok there you also have the right to go over docks blocking public right of way.

there are about 2000 feet of good fishing near the newly constructed fishing pier from last year.

several hundreds of pounds of fish are being taken for the pan from this area each week.

stop anywhere around and they will give you directions to the Calhoun outlet fishing pier.

good luck

That spot is east side of Green on Co. Rd. 4 Shallow! small sunfish bout all ya get! you can walk out into green lake 1/2 block its so shallow,just sand flats.Its fished in spring but latly I've seen no one there.

Sheep you got any weekdays to fish? Think I remember your posts for the Mn.river??If ya contact me we could hit Green in my boat for smallies. cool.gif

I dont care if its a smallmouth lake or a walleye lake, I just posted this to get everyone going on here but it didnt work! usually when someone posts something about the smallmouths in Green there are about 50 replies, people bickering back and forth. its good reading material!

sheephead, i agree. i like arguing about it also. i hate the bass. i am just pissed prime deleted all the tourney stuff. give it a little time and it can get built up again.

searchin ,moderator moved it to tournament section