Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Slyster

largest metro lakes?

Slyster

What are the top 10 largest metro lakes? How do I look this up? I tried google but didn't find anything.

I would assume Minnetonka is number 1 by far... but is White Bear Lake number 2? What is 3? etc..

Anyone know a website?

45acpshooter

My guess is Waconia for number two, then White Bear. Anybody for a stab at number four?

HossFisher

You guys are right so far,

1) Minnetonka 14,004 acres

2) Waconia 2996 acres

3) White Bear 2416 acres

4) Forest 2251 acres

5) Big Marine 1756 acres

6) Green Lake (Chisago)1714 Acres

7) Bald Eagle 1268.50 acres

8) Coon Lake 1259.20

9) Prior Lake 1154 Acres (combining upper and lower)

10) Medicine 886 acres?????

This is just a list made up by looking at a map and then finding how many acres they are according to the DNR website. The "Metro" area is a loose term and i just went by what I myself consider the metro.

Deitz Dittrich

if your combining them..

Chisao & South Lindstrom 873+450=1323

North&South Center Lakes 835+725=1550

Otherwise I checked the Twin Cities Fishing Map Guide and those are the largest...

HossFisher

Ya those two i was considering putting together and on the list but i figured people thought of those as different lakes.

mngoosehunter

is buffalo considered the metro? i believe thats gotta be top ten. its 1552 acres.

Matt C

Id consider "Metro Area"-

Hennepin, Ramsey, Washington, Dakota, Wright, Carver, Anoka, and Scott counties.