Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PETERSONRJ

Wave Wackers

9 posts in this topic

I know this maybe a dumb question. But Do you need to take Wave Wackers off when trailering? crazy.gif

Hey RJ: There's no such thing as a dumb question. No you sure don't need to remove your wave wackers to trailer your boat. Most people just tuck their tarp in front of it and tighten it down as good as they can.

I'd usually take them off on very long hauls (4+ hours) thinking it'd get me better gas mileage, but most of the time I left them on.

I also leave them on unless its a long pull. Not that hard to take off, maybe I'm just lazy.

Thanks guy's, This is the First boat that I've had that has them, and wasn't quit sure. wink.gif

What do they get fo Wave Wackers these days?

I've had wave wackers before and they don't even compare to the job that rain gutters do. Take some plastic rain gutters and mount them to the back of your boat upside down.

Quote:

Take some plastic rain gutters and mount them to the back of your boat upside down

I would like to see a picture of that, do you have any?

I would like to see rain gutters in action. I'm not so sure I would try to backtroll on lakes like Rainy or LOW in a 20 MPH wind with them.

I paid $275 for mine and orderd from the Wave Wacker website. Took me and the wife about 1 hour to install. Wackers or other wacker types work and keep you on the water is some pretty tough weather conditions.