Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nate larson

Looking for lake Superior reports out of Grand Marais.

8 posts in this topic

I am planning on doing some fishing out of Grand Marais this weekend. Does anyone have any info they would be willing to share? Just looking to get pointed in the right direction.

Thanks,

Lars

Not many people have been able to get out on the big lake due to high winds and rain the past week. Call the Holiday station in Grand Marais and see if they have a report. Nice little bait selection and some hard to find spoons in that Holiday. I always stop in when Im up there.

also the folks at th beaver dam have all kinds of equipment and fishin reports id call them too they are in grand marais as well

I think its the beaver house. Speaking of- has anyone ever tried the beaver flicks that the owner makes? I picked some up at one point, mostly to support small business, but haven't tried them.

Years ago I picked up a bunch of beaver flicks. For brookies and rainbow's nothing better.

Anytime I fish with bobbers I always use beaver flicks! Beaver flicks and leeches are a deadly combination!

First trip out on Superior this year. Ended up with a nice 6# Steelhead (released) and a 2# Lake Trout. The water is really cold, 48 in the harbor, and averaged 44-46 up to 5 miles out. The laker was caught 200' down, the steelhead was at around 40'.

I was out in the middle of the week. Lots of boats because the lake was pretty flat. No luck jigging or trolling. Marked some fish outside the harbor and near Rosebush. Didn't make it to 5 mile island though. Lots of boats but not a lot of action. Water temps got up to the mid-50's. Saw one guy get a Coho and that was all I saw or heard.