Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
not_nuf_time

Chev 1500hd

7 posts in this topic

2002 hd, for the last week I've been having a problem starting my truck. Usually it turns over and starts instantly, for about the last 5 days it takes about three or four seconds of turning the key to get it to kick over. Any ideas or should I just take it to the shop. I did just put in some Chevron tech(something) for injector cleaners.

Could be similar to this

Fuel pressure regulator would be the first thing I would look at.

Question: Does it take 3-4 seconds of cranking to fire, or 3-4 seconds to START cranking? If there's a delay between turning the key and the engine cranking, look to the electric system. Check the battery cables. If it cranks for a few seconds before firing, it could be the fuel pressure regulator.

TC

3-4 Seconds of cranking to fire and start. Mostly when engine warm or smie warm.

Thanks for the help guys, turns out it was the fuel pump regulater

The Fuel Pressure Regulator is a common problem with the '00-02s. If you turn the key on, then wait 5 seconds or so (for the fuel pressure to build up) then it will start right away when you crank it over.