Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Big R

Green Lake

13 posts in this topic

Just came back from a trip out on Green Lake. We found the walleyes hanging around the 'clouds' of baitfish in 40-45ft of water anywere from 25-40ft down. The trick was getting the cranks in that range and we were able to do it with leadcore line. The bite was the best towards evening but we were able to pull some out during the afternoon. 20"er was about the biggest. Every once in awhile we would hook into a nice sized smallmouth bass. Kinda wierd hooking into a bass in 50ft of water but boy do they put up a fight.

Nice job. What kinds of cranks were you using?

Reef Runners and jointed shad Raps.

Oh no!! frown.gif one less secret on Green Lake.

eyeranger fishing was tough this morning

hee hee

I don't know if it was much of a secret as the bite was almost brutally slow for walleys. But that is coming from a guy that normally fishes Mille Lacs. The smallies kept our hopes up with the frequent bites.

On the Mille Lacs forum we share tips more. Doesn't seem like much flow of information on this region.

NAY BIG R,

we do share tips on this forum too......it's just eyewarior who don't wink.gif.....hee...hee grin.gif

J

Why must you always pick on me?

Now Now Mr. eyewarrior you know it's just a little pay back for all the hardtime you give to "THIS INNOCENT J". hee...hee grin.gif

I'm just trying to pay little bit back.......hee..hee......don't worry I still like Ya! no matter what people say about you... JK.....

grin.gif

J IF WE BOTH KEEP SAYING HEE HEE I THINK WE SHOULD GET A FREIND OF MINE NAMED TED THAT STARTED HEE HEE IN ON THIS.

BIG R ,I WOULD LIKE TO SHARE SOME TIPS WITH YOU ON GREEN LAKE.

prime, by all of your posts, it seems like you fish on green lake quite a bit. i also fish out there quite a bit, the last 10 yrs. or so anyway. i have never seen you on the lake. you would think i would see you evey once in a while anyway. i could tell you most of the people who fish out there on a regular basis. maybe you only fish out there after dark. maybe you don't fish out there at all and i am just mis-reading your posts.

searchin,i am probaly fishing where you are not.

have fished with 8 FMERS this year and with about 18 trips with the out of towners FMERS and some neighbor and family trips [33 times this season.

If you see me on the lake you must be out of your realm.

We ahve been calling it Catching this season not fishing.

Last week we fished several times in a new Lund Alskin 20 footer with yamaha 115,week before blue Ranger Bass 21 with 225,sevaeral trips in a Warrior Red and grey poly with a 200 Mercury.Week before that in a ranger white with 150 mercury,and so it goes .Other times blue kayak,or green Lund dc with ii5 Johnson.Started the season in a red Triton Bass with 250 mercury.

We normally put boats in at county park campgrounds where these persons are staying.

try to fish with freinds and give away locations,and they always have a new spot i hadnt tryed.

.Next two weeks simply leave the lake alone as its too hot

But we did evening fish after thursdays bass league and Saturday evening till 12;30.It was good