Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tyler Holm

BWCAW Pictures (11)

10 posts in this topic

There's hundreds of stories I could tell, but I'm just going to share some of the pictures and let them speak for the trip.

All the smallies in these pictures were 18.5+" with some that are truly monsters!

andy_smallie6.jpg

ty_smallie1.jpg

andy_smallie2.jpg

Look at the size of these buggers in comparison to the 4" Skitter Pop

ty_smallie6.jpg

Andy got the Smallie Big Fish award!

andy_smallie5.jpg

A comple a 5ish lb northern pike.

ty_pike2.jpg

andy_pike1.jpg

Big pike of the trip - 10.0lbs

ty_pike4.jpg

Some more highlights...

Cliff Jumping - Andy - Tyler - Tyler

DSCI0148.JPG

Hamm's Beer Comercial Waterfall

DSCI0116.JPG

Probably my All-Time favorite picture from the trip.

Tyler-18.5" & Andy-19" Double!!!

ty_andy_smallies1.jpg

Great Pics Tyler, you two looked like you had an awesome trip. Seeing those pics just makes me want to go back up there. cool.gif

Nice bronzebacks!

You were truly "living the high life". smile.gif

Looks like your group had tons of fun! What route(lakes) did you take and where were those cliffs at? You wan't a major rush, next time make your way to Fishdance, 80 footers!!

The trip was nothing short of awesome!! The weather was great and as you can see the fish cooperated as well. We went in through the Mudro Lake access and made it as far as Thursday Bay on Crooked Lake, which lies on the Canadian Border. Waterfalls, cliff jumping, loons, deer, Indian pictographs, and acrobatic pike and smallmouth bass all made the trip great. I can't wait to go back next year!!

and you guys didnt invite me! grin.gif

thats ok, I forgive you this time..haha

looks like you guys had a wonderful time! I am jealous

Wow...that is all I have to say. I am extremely jealous. I am ashamed to say that I have never been on a BWCA fishing trip. I would LOVE to go next year. Give me a shout if you want to get a few more guys on next years trip.

PS...How were the biting flies?

ALL bugs ate very well all week.

Great pictures guys...those are the best trips..especially when shared by good buddies.

This coming ice fishing season i'm taking 6 buddies on a late ice fishin trip to LOTW for northerns. 5 of the 6 have never stepped foot on a frozen lake smile.gif They are in for a real treat.

The fishing looked awesome for you guys...but as i'm sure you can attest to...it's the camping/cooking and joking around that makes trips so memorable. It certainly helps when the fish cooperate.

Quote:

especially when shared by good buddies.

No doubt!

Quote:

The fishing looked awesome for you guys...but as i'm sure you can attest to...it's the camping/cooking and joking around that makes trips so memorable.

Your right about that. We all suffered through a lot of hard work with canoeing and portages, bugs, bags, gear, weather, only to reap the rewards of spending invaluable time together in some of the most pristine wilderness in the United States/Canada. Most of the pictures I share deal with fish and fishing, but most of the memories I have could never be told with pictures and usually have nothing to do with fishing.