Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
polarsusd81

White Bear Muskies

17 posts in this topic

I am planning to head out to White Bear in the morning tomorrow to try for some muskies. Is anyone willing to give any tips on places to start looking for them. I am planning to be throwing bucktails and possibly a couple cranks. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Start on the south end by Bellaire beach and work east, Stay in contact with the weeds and move the bucktail fast.

Hugo,

How goes things? You been getting out?

RU

RU,

Not much at all. Been a busy summer so far. Things are looking up though. Heading to Rapids for a week and then the chip to fish with Sennett after that.

How about you?

Hugo

Been pretty bleek here, only out 4 times so far and 2 have been in the last week. My fishing partner kept cancelling on me do to weather. I decided it was time to bring the little boat home. Good luck in the Rapids area and on the Chip, it's time for you to break the magical 50", I know a couple of your kids have.

RU

Fishing for panfish today... my brother and I saw a nice muskie cruise up to the boat to stare at us... at least 40"... was a great site! I never target them myself but they are sure there.

was out there a couple weeks ago, had a nice one on, got so excited I never got a good hook set. well over 40". headin out tonight, hopefully its not much of a zoo out there, we will see......

We went out on Friday morning as planned. I was throwing a bucktail and not having much luck, so we started trolling with bucktails. Soon after, I had one that was in the 45 range come up but missed the bait. Then about 20 minutes later another came up and this time it wasn't a miss. My first musky, 42". In and out of the water in about a minute. She got a bit tangled in the net, but quickly got out of that mess and she swam away. Turns out Friday the 13th is my new lucky day.

IMG_0002a.jpg

Nice fish!

How is the low water out there? Are there some spots that are shallow? How about the landing?

Thanks.

Landing is tough.. water very low... nice fish!

We were out yesterday, we went out a little early for the evening bite, what a zoo. nothin but a few pike, my fishin partner also lost his rig to the lake,so we cut the day a bit short. It seems they have done some work on the boat launch, it is in much better shape than it was a few eeks ago thats for sure, but yes almost the whole beach is high and dry.

Saturday was a complete ZOO. High NNW winds made most of the lake very rough. That wind direction is about the worse possible direction for WBL.

The sail boat race takes up a nice share of the lake - although they were out in the part of the lake with the most wind and waves. One guy was in the MIDDLE of the race fishing a "hump" - I assume for "eyes" cool.gif

We fished the wind swept shore for about an hour and then called it quits.

Most anglers were stacked in three or four little areas out of the wind. A mix of bass anglers and families with bobbers. Add in a couple of speed boats with tubers in the calm area = ZOO.

Now I remember why WBL is a weekday or ice fishing lake.

my buddy and i are going out on friday and were wondering where we could hook into some muskies... i have all different kinds of lures to throw at them???

which lake would you guys recommend for muskie, pike and bass. bald eagle, white bear, or big marine?

I myself would suggest Forest Lake for Muskie... it's nearby.. and we couldn't keep them off during last years Fishing MN bass tourney. Just about every boat caught one while fishing for bass... our boat caught two.

For pike I'd say Forest lake once again.. but for bass.. I'd say Bald Eagle.. not the best for numbers but the best for size. WBL is great for numbers but they average around 14" (at least for me)

went there yesterday evening and caught a few notherns but had no follows. Water is lower then I've ever seen t.

me and walleyeslayer spent 9 hours out there yesterday. water is extremely low, couldn't believe some of the people flying by the rocks. caught 5 northerns a perch and a 13 inch crappie that i'm mounting.