Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Farley

VNP on KARE

16 posts in this topic

KARE 11 news is doing a special on Voyagers National Park tonite during their Minnestoa Bound Segment.

Farley, thanks for the Heads Up, I'll be sure to watch it.

guts

Yikes! It's 10 PM. I'll go turn it on right now.

Thanks!

- JD

IMO it was kinda short. Maybee Schara will have more on his show Sunday night.

I hope it was very short and not seen by many, we don;t need to word to spread too far about this great place.

Ditto that. Next week he's talking about another one of my favorite places. Yikes!

BTW, he left out Sand Point Lake.

I don't really care if they turn the place into Chacago Land or 612ville in July. The word is out already. The resorts take care of that at the boat shows during the winter months. Come September VNP returns to BWCA like camping and fishing, with one exception - I get to use the big boat with all the creature comforts.

Jeeze and I thought Kab was my own little secret lake...guess the word is out now. I better get used to seeing other boats on the water for a change.

Being from "up north"....I didn't see the clip...but when I talked to the park ranger at Crane this spring,He mentioned to me the traffic and usage wasn't as great as other years and his spin on it was the higher cost of gas for traveling cut the usage down...he might just have a point there..people may be vacationing closer to home...I've been going up to Sand Point since 71'... not going to stop until my body says otherwise shocked.gif...lot of memories on that body of water grin.gif...simply beautiful country

After watching the episode of VNP i couldnt beleive how betuiful it is there. I would like to bring my 2 teenage sons for a few days of fishing and camping. Could anyone give me a few pointers on what to bring, not bring or any specifics??? Thanks

Looks the same as any other lake to me, just less houses on one side.

I beg to differ. This chain of lakes looks more like a canadian fly in lake than a brainerd area lake. I'll take prestine wilderness over crowded overpopulated area any day. The only similarity is thier is water in both.

I wouldnt know about Brainerd area lakes, thats way too far south for me. I was refering to the lakes in the general area.

Perhaps one needs to slow down to see the difference. Everything probably looks a little blurry when you are going 50MPH

Don't bring your jet ski...illegal. Bring your fly swatter and bug dope as well as sunscreen. Minnows, leeches as well as crawlers. GPS is nice but have your navigator look at it and you just drive. Leave your fire wood at home as you MUST buy from a CERTIFIED dealer...KEEP YOUR RECIEPT! Just a few Ideas for you.