Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EyesFishin

A little river help

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys, just heard about this website from a buddy, thought I'd check it out. If I'm in the metro I usually fish Bald Eagle, Big Marine, Forest,etc. I'm a river rookie. I'm thinking of heading out Sat. morning for walleyes and thinking of pulling spinners. What kinds of weights do you guys use or suggest. I picked up a couple 2 oz. bottom bouncers but have never used them before. Is this the way I should go? Should I just drag lindys? Any help would be great! Thanks

When I'm bottom bouncing I use the 3oz wire type this allows me to stay at a 45 degree angle up to speeds 2.3 in depths to 30', I have rubber bands set on the line at certain lengths so I can easily know if I have the right amount of line out for the depth I'll be targeting makes for quick sets and resets. Lindy riggen is by far my favorite I do it every time out before the sun comes up and sometimes longer and then change over to bottom bouncing. Just depends on the day and the weather. cool.gif

Thanks for the info.

A nice fact about fishing the Croix is that many presentations work. Why even vertical jigging is working now, though this is usually a Fall presetation, it has been a good bite for eyes.

So I'd say to newcomers to take your strengths from your favorite lake and apply them to the river. Start there, you should catch fish.

Good luck.

Turk