Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SteeveeD

East Battle Lake

3 posts in this topic

Has anyone been fishing East Battle? I'm vacationing there next week and am wondering what depths to target for panfish (especially crappies) and maybe an area to try for bass in the mornings. Thanks!

I fish it every few years. IF you want crappies, there MIGHT be a 8-10ft hump surronded by MAYBE 40 feet of water, that you MIGHT throw little jigs and minnows at, to MAYBE catch crappies. wink.gif

I fish the heck outta that lake.... for bass mainly. Well the parents cabin is on the lake, so its convenient.

I never try crapps after June 1, so no help here.

Bass... They are all over that lake. Nice fish too. The deep weedline is at about 20 feet again this year. Typical.

Mornings hit any of the areas with bulrushes and don't pass up some dock fishing either before people get up and start jumping around and swimming.

Move out to the deep weedline midday. Nothing new there I guess.

One thing to note, is that the deep weedline, is VERY pronounced. What I mean is watch the graph and you will find the outside edge of the weeds will have a wall and then nothing. A super spot to target midday fish on the lake. I like to carolina rig plastics out there. Cast as parrallel to the deep weedline as you can. I like to use black lizards and green pumpkin tubes.

Let us know how you do.