Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lenny4077

Spare spool for Abu Garcia 6500

5 posts in this topic

Does anyone know where I can find a spare spool for an Abu Garcia reel? I already have this as a backup muskie reel, and wanted to use it for leadcoring walleyes as well. I checked the ovbious ones like ebay and Abu's website with no help. Thanks in advance for any help.

Lenny

usually the bargain cave at Cabela's is the place to look for something like that.

Im not sure but i think spools are not very easy to change on that reel! shocked.gif

if it is anything like the 5500 there are just three screws that unscrew and the spool comes out with the side of the reel.

Quote:

if it is anything like the 5500 there are just three screws that unscrew and the spool comes out with the side of the reel.

That's it.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• LucasMN
      There is spots in the parking lot for roughly 7 vehicles with trailers. When that's full, you can park on the side of the road leading up to the access (I don't know if it's legal but have never seen tickets given out nor have I received one). The access is fairly steep but  in good shape. A 16ft will go up/down and launch no problem. 20'+ fish houses can make it up and down.    The access on the south side (past the Bear trap) on Highway 71 has much more parking and is a flat landing with 2 docks.   Water clarity is good. Fishing is mediocre. 
    • Dune27
      Haven't tried fishing there but I would love to go there someday.
    • neptune
      Basskisser, You will love the lake. Compared to other sizeable lakes in MN the traffic is much lower.  Plus Vermilion has so much shoreline with great bays everywhere.  I always have a rod rigged with a Rapala DT6 in red crawdad color and another set up with a fintech jig and tube in either a crawdad brown or green pumpkin.  The Rap works great if you want to cover water and just bounce it down a rocky shoreline.  The tube is perfect for throwing under docks or submerged rocks that your sonar points out.  Good luck and have fun.  There is some great bass fishing on Vermilion.
    • ZachD
    • Rodney
      Hi all, I just want to askl if someone ever tried using shrooms or truffles for medical purposes? I was reading some articles about this and shrooms before engaging my self for the first time. They say that it has a very potent effect on the brain and hallucination. Unlike marijuana does it have any medical use? In one article that I've read magic truffles or shrooms are use on reducing the symtoms of obsessive-conpulsive disorder, anxiety, and depression. It can also help people to quit smoking and alcohol addiction. Some studies also suggest the property of magic shrooms/truffles can be useful for cancer patients. I would really want to hear other insights regarding this new possible alternative meds. Thanks
    • Pikers1988
      I have always wanted to make this trip happen but never knew how to make the portage happen. Happy i stumbled upon this post.  Hope to be in contact with you soon portageguy
    • Pikers1988
      I literally just watched an episode of Linders Angling Edge where they echoed exactly what SkunkedAgains quote claimed.
    • eyeguy 54
    • bassbouncer
      Normal west end quite a few fish over 20"
    • Rick G