Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
WxGuy

Hoppers

WxGuy

I've seen a lot of juvenile grasshoppers jumpin' around. Hopefully we have good hopper fishing this summer.

This time of year is my favorite to get on-stream for trout. There's always cold water to be found if you look in the right places, and lots of bugs...and smaller crowds, if any people at all. cool.gif

Quickstrike

i spotted a bunch of small hoppers yesterday as well. i'll be over on the brule throwing some hopper patterns sometime this week, i've got to recover from the algoma coma first though. grin.gif

lookincalifornia

i was useing an adams hopper as an indicator last week here on the west coast with an olive beadhead dropper. got three on the dropper but broke it off on a better fish. i tied on what i thought was a simmilar nymph. after my retie, the fish were all about the hopper. i think i may go strictly hopper this weekend cool.gif

EatSleepFish

Using my own version of a hopper pattern and using a bead-head hares ear as my dropper, the success rate was about even between the two flies. often twitching the hopper would induce a strike as well. next time out, im thinking of maybe adding a streamer behind my dropper nymph for the trout that seem to want a chase for their meals.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• MNoutdoors99
      Hey I am planning on ice fishing on Lake Minnetonka this winter with a friend and I am using a snowmobile to get to the lake from the trails. I would enter onto the lake in Orono off the Luce line trail and end up in Stubbs bay. I was reading on other forums saying avoid the channels but it seems to be the only way to get around the lake to other bays especially since I am on a snowmobile. I was wondering if they eventually are safe enough to hold up a snowmobile in mid-late January, and if going through them faster helps possibly? I would like to fish around the Smith's bay area and the only way I can do that is going through channels. I know Lake Minnetonka can be sketchy with ice thickness and I don't want to end up through the ice, thoughts? Thanks.   Jim
    • delcecchi
      The DSL service is great since they ran the fiber down 24 a few years ago.   I was presuming that the poster didn't have that option if they were considering satellite.     AccessMN is another possibility if they are still around.  
    • Tony S
      OK I will post a report just on the offhand chance that someone else still reads these things.  Fished at Birchdale afternoon of Saturday 10/21 and morning of 10/22.  Fishing was good Saturday for keeper sized fish, nothing big but caught 29 fish in 6 hours,  mostly nice keepers 14 to 19 inches long and not too many dinks.  Sunday morning fishing was slow and then it got super windy so pulled the plug early and went home.  Jigging in shallower spots, could not troll crankbait because of debris on line.  Others had mixed success.  Shiners were around.  
    • Troy Smutka
      10/22/17     Hunted water in central MN from a boat blind both days. Despite gusty south winds one day and temps not exactly October-like, new ducks were around that moved in during a cold, clear night with a west wind during the week. Calendar migrators from the Dakotas and southern Canada. Saw eleven species and harvested ten--typical late October mixed bag. A mixed, medium-sized decoy spread with a crosswind on a point with the sun behind us was the ticket. An Avery Quick Set blind with fast grass mats and two Lucky Duck HD spinners rounded out the set-up. Subtle mallard quacks, chuckles, and drake whistles mixed with goose clucks, pintail and wigeon whistles locked up birds nice and close--no loud contest calling. Cold weather and West and NW winds this week should get a bunch of new birds in--probably a mixed bag of species still. We saw or heard eight flocks of specklebellies migrating on Sunday. Look for a show about one of these days of hunting on my You Tube channel (Fishing and Hunting the North Country) by later in the week.  Good luck, and I will see you out there somewhere.
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      I pulled my boat for the winter today. Sure hated to have to do that, but have tons of stuff to do to get ready for the fall, winter stuff! Cliff
    • MinnowBuckets
    • redlabguy
      Good day!  Keep the reports coming! We’re islanders and had to pull out a week ago. On my last day out by myself I boated a thick 28” walleye to close my season. We brought filets Home so my old fisherman, 95 year old dad could enjoy a good fry,  I still enjoy reading about the lake so keep reporting. Thanks, Dick
    • eyeguy 54
    • Ray Berg
      The wife and I were up to L O W  for whole week. Great weather, good fishing and fun time. Was able to fish 7 days split up between Morris point, Long point and the river. For me Long point was the better bite. May have seen a couple members of outdoors Mn on Tuesday out of LP. Let me know if I'm right. Also met member from Wisc. at Morris point( real good guy) Anyway didn't seem to matter much what color jig caught them on every color with frozen shiner. Some days were better then others but always caught fish. Ate several meals of fish and brought fish home. Also caught a 14 in perch that I brought into taxidermist. Plan on going back at least one more time this fall . ( Too good not to).
    • ANYFISH2
      That the best sounding plan yet!! same to you and your party.