Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JBMasterAngler

Frances or Tetonka?

7 posts in this topic

Sep. 9 is still basically summer, so I'd assume boat traffic would still be pretty high on both of these lakes. But on fishing alone, which lake should I decide to fish? I've been able to fish frances before and the bass/pike fishing was fantastic! I've only fished tetonka from shore and caught some hammer handles and nice perch. So I'm really torn between which lake to choose.

After Labor day the traffic really goes down. I wouldn't let that deter you.

My partner and I won a bass contest on Francis last month. 5 fish for 15.4#. This is not the norm, however. Bass there usually run small (as does most of the gators). There are nice fish in there, but the avg size is lacking.

Tetonka may be busy with bassers pre-fishing for the following Saturday contest. Most will be hitting the shorelines then. Last year the same tourney was won with about 21.5# on 5 fish. (We got 5th with mid-17#.)

Hi guys. I don't mean to hijack this thread, but congrats Katoguy and partner. JB, Kato is right about the avg. size of the fish on Frances. We fished shallow, deep, and in-between and only had one fish on all day that might have done us any good (as far as big bass for the tourney goes).

Kato- Did you guys put in some long hours to find the nicer fish?

We both pre-fished at least 4 times. We actually just stumbled across them during the tourney after the rain subsided. Duh caught one in the last half hour that culled and it made the difference from 3rd to 1st. Hopefully the luck will continue the next couple weeks. (Jefferson on Sat, Lura on Sun, and Madison next Sat)

KATO WHATS THE WATER BEEN LIKE ON MADISON?

I'm asking the same thing for this weekend. I've been fishing Tetonka most of the time this year but Frances is just as good a lake. My average Bass from Frances is 18" so I would like to see what others call a good size Bass. It's the Bass on Frances that make me want to go there this weekend. If I go there this weekend I'll post what I do.

All this site needs is another post from Tetonka.

Green like the rest. I'll be able to say more in a week from Saturday (about 2:30).