Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
huntnfish

Fishing Book

9 posts in this topic

About 15-20 years ago I bought a book at a garage sale with stories of record fish from Minnesota. It was a soft cover book that had a blue cover and has stories about various species of fish. I can't seem to find this book and would like to get another copy of it. Does anyone know what the name of it is? I have been having a heck of a time finding it without knowing the name.

It could be a Joe Fellegy book.

I believe you are describing "Classic Minnesota Fishing Stories" by Joe Fellagy. I have that book at home. I could take a picture of it when I go home in 3 weeks...it's just like you describe...blue soft cover, a hand drawing of a guy holding a huge Esox....Great read....I particularly enjoyed the story about the Musky Rampage on Leech.

Sounds like it, I've got it at home also.

That sounds like what it was. Thanks for the help. I have read that thing cover to cover many times. I have to agree, the stories about muskies on Leech are very good. Thanks for the help.

da_chise31 is correct. It is Classic Minnesota Fishing Stories.

I own that book also and have read through it about 20 times!

Thanks for everyones help. I found a used one on Amazon for a couple bucks and it will be here in a few days.

This is a great book! In fact, I just pulled it off the shelf earlier this week and was reading it.

The muskie rampage story and pictures are amazing. Could you image the comments people would make if we took pictures like the wheelbarrow or stringer ones now? It would cause an uproar!