Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Huntin&Fishin

Grand Mararis

6 posts in this topic

Visting Grand Mararis this week any one know any good lakes. Was thinkin about Two Island for smallies and walleyes. Thanks

That's a pretty good lake to start with. I go up there every year in early june and always slaughter the bass...now that it's later in the year they're probably gonna be pushed out from shore a little bit...two island has lot's of main lake structure in the form of rock bars and sunken islands though. I caught all my bass in the shallows inbetween all the islands, but now if you can find deeper channels inbetween the islands that would be a good bet too. 3" power grubs were the ticket, but anything perch colored would be good too. Nearby devil track lake is good too, same tackle will catch all the bass you'll want there. Both lakes have good numbers of eater size 'eyes.

Just troll a worm harness with a leech or a crawler. You won't be able to shake the bass of your line. Two Island is your best bet at catching a trophy. You just might catch some walleyes as well.

Thanks, we caught alot of smallie, and some litle walleyes.

Good to hear you got some fish. Any size to those bass?

largest was 3, : 18 inchers, 3 people tied grin.gif