Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NEANGLER

North Long - how's the bite been

4 posts in this topic

I gonna be up there for a week starting on saturday and just seeing how the bite has been for walleyes. Any spots to try on the main lake? Hows the bass and pike fishing been? If I can't find a few eyes that will be my quarry.

Jason what time do you guys open in the morning? Need the minnows and such ya know!

Thanks for any info you can pass on. grin.gif

We have had pretty good luck with the bass and pike in the 371 bay. Toss spinners in the cabage and you will catch them. 5 to 8 ft seem to be best for us. Havent been eye fishing out there in a wile but hit the humps in the main lake in the morning and eve for your best luck.

Duck

Thanks for the info, we are on Merrifield bay and in the 4 years up there I have never went down to 371 bay but I am going to check it out this year. Especially since Ivens will deliver beer to the dock for you! grin.gif

The bass fishing has been pretty awesome. I had a group out this morning in this wind. I think we boated somewhere around 30-40 bass over about 2 1/2 hours. Pretty good considerring it was a first time casting lesson for two of the anglers. Small jigs and minnows is working great along the weed edges, 10-16 feet. I think Dave has been opening the store about 6:30 each morning. Good luck next week!

Jason Erlandson