Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishkaholic

public access in eagan?

9 posts in this topic

the access in eagan by hwy 13 and 77. is that still open? also is it worth trying out in that area or a different spot? any suggestions would help. thanks.

Yes the launch is still there. You need a park sticker to launch out of there though. There is another launch on the Bloomington side under 35.

now the one on bloomington side, does that one also requires a sticker too or no? also which is the closest public launch without paying by st paul?

No sticker is required for the bloomington launch. The closest launch to St. paul without paying would be the Lilydale launch. They close the gates at the one at Lilydale at night though. Not sure what time.

Also there is Hidden Falls(St.Paul), but that closes at night also. There is no fee there either.

I have been night launching out of lillydale for about 3-4 years, and have yet to see them close the gate if there is boat trailers parked in there. A sign is posted for 11:30 close time, but have yete to see it closed. Do not test the hours at hidden falls, you will be sorry. They patrol very close there.

joe

I've never tested either of the closing times.

Quote:

Hidden falls says 11pm they usually lock up around 11:30

Quote:

Quote:

Hidden falls says 11pm they usually lock up around 11:30

Thats too early for us. You know how I fish Gary. Me and riverhog have been called things like "extreme" and "hardcore". When we go out we are normally in it for the long haul.