Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MoraFisher

Launch on 7/14

6 posts in this topic

I'm going out on a launch on Saturday July, 14th. We are leaving at 6 P.M. and returning at 10 P.M.. Anyone have any clue as to if this is a good time for Walleye? Any suggestions for bait?

I am headed to Garrison Sports on Thursday for our 4th launch trip. Its provided by one of our glass vendors and is always a good time. We leave the dock at 700 and return at 1100pm. We have always caught fish during those hours. Last year 12 guys boated 26 fish with 11 legal keepers, the rest were 24-27". Will be headed back to our cabin at Knife Lake for a few days of C/R on the pannies. Should be a good time. You should do well during the 6-1000PM hours, good luck. Bill

Toward dark should be good. The launch should be providing the bait? Usually they provide everything unless you want to use your own stuff. You may want to check with them before you buy bait.

terrys launch out of garrison is the best launch to go on and the best time is between 10pm till 2am. and they supply bait and the poles if you dont have one. but my dad and i have been going out of terrys for 17 years and the best time is 10-2 so you guys can do whatever you want... but if i were you i would head out on terrys. good luck.

fISHED OUT OF Garrison Sports on Thursday. Fished 7-1130PM boated 15 fish one in the slot at 14 1/4". the rest went from 19"-27 1/2". Fished Garrison Reef and then headed for deep water near Myr Mar. Several people on the boat had not fished wallies before, and one of those missed 5 bites in a row. All in All good time, quick pics and the big boys were back in the water. Everything provided, leeches, rods and soda's. Bill

It was a good time on Saturday, my Dad caught a 22 inch Walleye, and a friend got a 25 incher. Too bad we couldn't keep them though.